Android N

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
bfBoNeS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Android N

Post by bfBoNeS »

I am having problems using overlay export function on my Nexus 5X running Android N Prev 5.

I am moving footage from my Hero2 Plus to the /sdcard/Movies directoy in order to import them to the runs. The preview is working fine, but the export is stopping at somewhat 10-40%, app going unresponsive and nothing happens after lot time.
Any toughs or problems known @Harry?

I am trying software decoder at the moment, I will edit this post when I got updates.

Thanks for help!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have not yet started testing Android N compatibility bit will do later this year. Going to software encoding is one options, but please check permissions first: since Android M, permissions can be set individually. You may want to check if you have granted Storage permission (and all others) in Android Settings.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bfBoNeS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by bfBoNeS »

I got it working now. Software-Encoding is one option, another (faster) way is to set "Overlay frame capacity" to 5 (other as mentioned only 0-3 possible) which works quite well without freezing.
The storage-permission was correctly asked by the app. Thanks for your help.