Crashing when starting to save data

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
HankDerr
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Crashing when starting to save data

Post by HankDerr »

IPhone 4 running 7.1.2 with just under 1 GB available space, Latest HLT Petrohead, phone currently not using phone service.

When trying to use either autocross mode or track mode, as soon as timer appears to start, screen returns to phone homepage. I've been able to delete a lap from data and download a track. Deleted the app, reload from AppleStore and started over, twice. Same results. HLT has access to photos and mic. In autocross mode as soon as timer starts it crashes. When checking data, sometimes it crashes, but not every time.
I tried the emergency startup option mentioned in another thread, now HLT crashes before reaching Initial "I Agree" screen. I can't get back to undo the emergency statup option.

Any thoughts, Thanks,

Hank
Cheyenne, WY USA
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crashing when starting to save data

Post by Harry »

I have one more report on a crash when starting to record a lap. It happens both for triggered and for manual timing. I just ping the guy whether he is using iOS7.1.2 too. Maybe that's the issue. It would be helpful to receive crash logs, can you please try to reproduce this issue while in a WiFi? You can enable Manual Timing in LapTimer's Settings and will get a Go button in Timer View. Just to make sure I get access to the logs. Thanks.

The check data crashes are a known bug, I have submitted a bug fix version to Apple already.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
HankDerr
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by HankDerr »

I'm at the track without my computer(iTunes) if that needed to send crash logs. Is software smart enough to send crash log on crash or need to connect to iTunes? I did retry app with manual start, autocross, track and data check with connect to wifi, all 3 crash. :-(
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

To my knowledge, any Internet connection is required, it is not bound to an iTunes connections. I have checked crash logs for 20.0.0 yesterday evening but I do not see one so far. Formerly, Apple collected and forwards frequent errors only, not sure this has been changed with recent version of their development environment.

I try to get my hands on a 7.1.2 device to reproduce the problem currently - that is getting difficult.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi again,

I just rechecked the logs and I received 2 crash logs on the issue discussed. This seems to be a low level issue with older iPhone processor generations. I will try to work around it once I get my hands on a similar device (no iPhone4 available) and come back.

Please keep in mind this will require some days. After creating the fix, it needs to go through Apple's reviews...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Markus2601
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Markus2601 »

I had the same problem in zolder yesterday on an iPhone 5 with latest OS. Application crashed after some metres on the track (not in the pit lane). Reinstallation didn't help. All rights have been granted to the application, 3gb of free space should be sufficient. iPhone had permanent internet connection due to flat rate.
It seems a hardware lap timer is the better option :(

Best regards
Markus
Markus2601
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Markus2601 »

Feel free to contact me on PN if you need more information. As a software developer I always know how hard it is to get rid of a software issue ;)
HankDerr
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by HankDerr »

Thanks Harry, appreciate your help.
Regards,

Hank
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Status update in Known Bugs. This item will be fixed in version 20.0.2.
Image Image Image Image
Taurim
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Taurim »

Hello,

This is my first message on this forum only to post a "Me too".

My configuration was : iPhone 5c, IOS 9.3.1, HLT Grand Prix Edition 20.0.0, internal GPS or XGPS160.

As soon as I entered the track this Saturday, HLT crashed.

I've read the "[FAQ] Known Issues" so I know I have to wait for 20.0.2 ;)

It will probably take less time for you to fix the bug than fixing my broken Lotus Gearbox for me :cry: