LapTimer did not work for me on iPhone 5s

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
TrackMan
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

LapTimer did not work for me on iPhone 5s

Post by TrackMan »

Hi,
I used LapTimer the first time at Lime Rock Park. Track, driver and car everything is defined with good GPS connection from external GPS and the application says everything is fine and good to go but it never started by itself, means after the session the system was still in "ready mode" but no data. I am not blaming the application and I guess I do something wrong but I just can't figure out what. Any suggestions?

Regards
Christian
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LapTimer did not work for me on iPhone 5s

Post by Harry »

Most potential issues are covered by LapTimer's Heath Check shown e.g. in the top of Timer View. In case you see a red alert, touch it to get information on the details and what to do to fix it. Most other issues are around the correct track set loaded (e.g. counter clockwise vs. clockwise) and degrading GPS accuracy. The later is a common pattern for drivers putting the smartphone into their pockets or turn off the screen. LapTimer will switch the health status immediately, but one will not see it...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
RaymondAbel
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by RaymondAbel »

allo
My HLP did not work at all last but an other one did.
I read " turn off the screen" In my case, The phone I use is set by my cie so it as an auto-lock after max 5 min. Knowing it take more then 5 minutes getting ready: get Motorcycle gear on, remove tires warmer etc May it explaine why it never work?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer needs to be active / in foreground while driving. In case it locks / the phone goes to sleep, it will disconnect from all sensors and sleep too.

LapTimer keeps the phone from going to sleep while in any Timer View. You see a small lock icon in the bottom right when the phone is not allowed to go to sleep. You can dim the screen to save battery - but keep it on please.

Harry
Image Image Image Image