App always hangs up and video never worked

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
adiversi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: App always hangs up and video never worked

Post by adiversi »

As mentioned in another similar thread, this is not really acceptable as an iPhone user. this seems to be a common problem with Video/library compatibility. I have no problem on my iPhone IOS photo library when playing or creating other content, or adding/saving with other apps - only when it is with Harrys LT. I don't even have an excessive amount of photos/video. The above is perhaps a work around but not really an acceptable solution for IPhone users. Can I again please ask this be fixed permanently. (Obviously if app doesn't work smoothly for iphone people we have no choice but accept buggy/lack of key features or look for something else that does works as promised). I have been on Harrys LT for a VERY long time so would be very dissapointed to have to move. My fingers are crossed that you might provide a perm fix to the video /library issues and we can continue to enjoy the app.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Everybody following this thread, please re-check with iOS 15.4.1 installed.

We did numerous tests the last months and could reproduce the issues with iOS15 reliably.
For iOS 15.4.1 (and with LapTimer compiled with the latest development environment beta), the problem cannot be reproduced any more. This means selecting a lap with video, pressing Video / Export and hitting Overlay is going through the overlay process and produces an overlaid version of the video. This video's thumbnails shows up as expected and the video can be played both with LapTimer and Photos app.

This looks like either the iOS 15.4.1 update, or the new development environment fixes the issues. But before releasing an update and posting, I'd like to get some feedback.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Some posters here seemed to be interested in the topic. No feedback on 15.4.1?
Image Image Image Image
NorCal Racer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by NorCal Racer »

Hi Harry -- I seem to be having this same problem with iOS 16.5 on an iphone 12 mini using Grand Prix edition. After overlaying video, the thumbnail does not appear in HLT and the iPhone hangs up requiring a reboot. Also, iPhone functionality of the phone/ringer are disabled until rebooting the iPhone. Any work-around in HLT besides rebooting?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Currently, rebooting is the only known workaround.
Image Image Image Image
NorCal Racer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by NorCal Racer »

@Harry - is this an iOS problem or something you hope to fix in an update of HLT? You mentioned in an earlier 2022 post that iOS 15.4.1 seemed to solve the issue. What happened -- did later versions of iOS cause the problem to reappear?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It looks like the problem occurs not that often as before, but it is still around.
Image Image Image Image
mikulas00
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mikulas00 »

Harry wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:57 pm It looks like the problem occurs not that often as before, but it is still around.
Hey Harry,
I cannot transfer the videos to my Photo Libary. It just Tranfering..
When I close the app the Video appears in the Photo Libary but cannot play it (just loading) and cannot delete it neither. I delete the file, disappear, but when I open again the Photos, it is still there..
The Vide was only 5s.
Iphone 13, iOS 16.5.1 HLT Petrolhead Edition V24.8.2
I cannot play the Video in the HLT neither, just a white screen.
in Race/Timer where can I set the recording? Or is it automatic?

I am waiting your reply!
Mat
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

Please reboot the phone. It might be about the issue with iOS‘s media library. Furthermore, please make sure you have granted permissions to use Photos for LapTimer (Settings app).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
mikulas00
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mikulas00 »

Hello,

Is it planed to the app works together with newer Gopros, like hero 9?

Mat