rotation of video

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
acrobat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

rotation of video

Post by acrobat »

Hi I made a rookie mistake and now my video is upside-down. Is there anyway to correct the orientation and do a overlay with the correct orientation?

Regards
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: rotation of video

Post by Harry »

Android or iOS? As long as videos come with the expected meta data, LapTimer should actually rotate the video automatically. It needs to be landscape left or landscape right, portrait formats are not supported.

This is for clarification only. As it doesn't work for you, please use a desktop video editor to rotate the video. The place you can find the video (and copy it back) is described in Video Documentation (www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
acrobat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by acrobat »

I got the movie rotated is it OK if the video is in the *.mov format? I not which format should it be in. I'm gonna try to figure out how to Re import and use the video with an overlay
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please try it. It depends on the platform and an extension does not tell you everything.
The key to use a video named different than the original video is using "Re-Link". Goto the lap (in Lap List) associating the upside down video. Touch the Preview row and press Re-Link (or the cam/cam icon in the top right for Android). Select the rotated video and you are ready to overlay.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SR7D1A
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SR7D1A »

Harry, I have all my videos on the iPhone upside down. I can rotate them in Freemake just fine, but the overlays are now upside down? How do I rotate the raw video in your app, so I can insert the overlay?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3723#p19007 for this problem and how to solve it.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SR7D1A
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SR7D1A »

Harry, thanks, I read that one already. I have flipped the video already with that app, but it is not showing up in your app (video list) for me to relink?
SR7D1A
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SR7D1A »

Actually, no videos show under "video list"? All the laps are under "lap list" and all are upside down.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

If you have flipped the raw videos using a 3rd party app, the rotated video should be available in Photo app now. Please verify this first. Next, goto LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Video List. Check the Camera Roll section. In case you don't have it, please check you Privacy Settings for LapTimer's access to the Photo app. They are located in the iOS Settings app. Restart LapTimer to make sure things are reset. Now, relink videos by touching the thumbnail for the raw video shown in Lap List ‣ a lap and pressing Re-Link.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SR7D1A
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SR7D1A »

Awesome! Thanks Harry, that is what I needed!