AutoCross - How to not have the GoPro shut down after finish?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
traxnada
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

AutoCross - How to not have the GoPro shut down after finish?

Post by traxnada »

Hello!
I'm sure this has been dealt with already but I can't seem to find an answer.
I do an autocross run, start the video manually before the run, pass the start line and the countdown starts, but the gopro stops automatically at the end of the run, while the phone recording keeps on going. Is there anyway of having the Gopro continue recording once the finish line is passed?

Here is an exemple from this afternoon. Video started manually before, but shuts down at the passage of the "finish line"
(Speed not showing correctly, it was just an editing test so I didn't bother mounting the phone... Which explains the crappy GPS reception)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBSGBKKuTaI[/youtube]
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AutoCross - How to not have the GoPro shut down after finish?

Post by Harry »

Start the cam manually (in Video View, small red button) ahead of a triggered start and LapTimer will not turn it off automatically either. Instead, you need to turn it off manually too. This is described as "mixed mode recording" in Video Documentation on www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Harry wrote:Start the cam manually (in Video View, small red button) ahead of a triggered start and LapTimer will not turn it off automatically either. Instead, you need to turn it off manually too. This is described as "mixed mode recording" in Video Documentation on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

- Harry
Is that new? The last time I tried that, it still shut the GoPro off at the finish.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Oh, yes, that's actually the design view :-) The other item is on my fix list for v20.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
traxnada
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by traxnada »

Harry wrote:Start the cam manually (in Video View, small red button) ahead of a triggered start and LapTimer will not turn it off automatically either. Instead, you need to turn it off manually too. This is described as "mixed mode recording" in Video Documentation on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

- Harry
Thanks for the answer, but I'm afraid, it doesn't work like this for mine... I have a Hero 4 Silver btw...
As you can see on the video, I start the recording manually before the start trigger, do the whole run and as soon as it passes the finish line, it stops the recording of the GoPro automatically as soon as it passes the finish trigger...
I guess I could just avoid using Wi-fi to start recording with the GoPro, but thought I would ask here if there is any other solution instead :)

Cheers,

Flavien
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

traxnada,

As Harry said, that's how it's supposed to work, not how it's actually not working now. It's on the fix list for v20.
traxnada
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by traxnada »

gplracerx wrote:traxnada,

As Harry said, that's how it's supposed to work, not how it's actually not working now. It's on the fix list for v20.
Oh sorry I misread :)
Will patiently wait for v20 then :)