Deleting files

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Gsyk59
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Deleting files

Post by Gsyk59 »

Every time I try to delete individual laps, I get an error that says "laptimer has stopped working". Only way I can delete laps is if I select the "delete all" option.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deleting files

Post by Harry »

Does this happen both for deleting a lap in Lap List (long touch the lap and press the bin), and when navigating into the lap and deleting the lap from Lap Details? What is the lap index shown and how many laps do you have in your database?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Gsyk59
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Gsyk59 »

Long touch seems to work. I was using a short touch and then selecting the delete function. I'll use this long touch method from now on.
Thanks
Puma98
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Puma98 »

I'm having trouble deleting files - iPhone 5. I have 76 laps. When I try to delete individual files or delete all the app just quits. The swipe method has the same result. In most cases the app asks me whether I want to delete the files and when I confirm it quits.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please run Check Data first. I assume there is some inconsistency crashing LapTimer when deleting all data.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

PS: Deleting all laps makes rarely sense. The data itself requires very small amounts of storage. In case you want to reduce memory footprint, start with deleting media files and old system backups. Both can be done in Administration - Databases.

Harry
Image Image Image Image