Data not available in Harrys

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
katmeho
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Data not available in Harrys

Post by katmeho »

Harrys Grand Prix connected with OBD2 Bluetooth device. Porsche GT4. Seem to be lacking in brake pressure values, steering input and a number of other things that show in my S3. Is this a Porsche problem? What data can I provide to determine the channels and config for getting more data off the Porsche?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Data not available in Harrys

Post by Harry »

The OBD2 standard does not provide brake pressure values, you will usually use longitudinal acceleration instead. Same for steering input. I assume you are discussing accelerometer values here, not OBD II? To get help, please name the view and fields you are looking at.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
katmeho
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by katmeho »

I'm looking for brake pressure mainly. I don't think it's accelerometer based. In the S3 if I left foot brake I see the data in the overlay. In pretty sure we could pull this data via obd2 in the 997 GT3s and previous caymans too. I'm assuming that it's coming from OBD2 but I could be wrong. Maybe it's a CAN value being passed somehow? I really want to see where I'm going to the brakes relative to the GPS data.

Also is the race capture pro mk2 integration complete for Harrys?

Thanks for all the hard work.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No my friend, I know which data is displayed in which field ;-)

The acceleration circle uses the internal accelerometer, in case it is not in sync and data has been recorded using a predefined track set, you need to adjust the standard video / data synchronization. In case you recorded manually (testing), please wait until you have track data available. Manually recorded laps need a 1 seconds adjustment for the current LapTimer version - this will be fixed in v20.

Your Porsche certainly has brake pressure on its CAN bus, but is not available using a standard OBD 2 dongle.

LapTimer's integration with RCP/MK2 uses GPS and CAN data provided. However, the brake pressure value delivered is not mapped to LapTimer's database currently. But this is an item I can add if required. Please contact ASL first to understand if they are able to pull brake pressure from the bus for your car.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
katmeho
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by katmeho »

Awesome. Thanks for the details and helping me clear this up.