Crashing during overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
nkohler
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Crashing during overlay

Post by nkohler »

OK it appears that the GoPro split a 20 minute session into TWO video files which is probably the issue. I have no idea why it would split them because this session was all at once and I would have not stopped the camera.

I wonder if I could merge the two videos using some sort of editor and then put in the metadata information using VLC?
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by m.a.r.c. »

nkohler wrote:OK it appears that the GoPro split a 20 minute session into TWO video files which is probably the issue. I have no idea why it would split them because this session was all at once and I would have not stopped the camera.

I wonder if I could merge the two videos using some sort of editor and then put in the metadata information using VLC?
nkohler: the split is normal. this is because of the underlying filesystem on the SD card. if you look, the video files are probably each about 3.8-4gb in size. Don't worry, there is no need to combine them as it will be seen by most programs as a single video.

Also just to clarify, that doesn't seem to be related to the crashing during overlay as mine has failed overlaying even shorter videos.
nkohler
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by nkohler »

Okay that makes sense. All of my overlays are now crashing at 57%. iTunes disconnects the phone when this happens.

I have pretty much tried everything. I assume if I downgrade to the 8.x OS that I will lose this data. Can I do a backup and then restore? I am not sure. I should have not updated to IOS9 :x
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by m.a.r.c. »

nkohler wrote:Okay that makes sense. All of my overlays are now crashing at 57%. iTunes disconnects the phone when this happens.

I have pretty much tried everything. I assume if I downgrade to the 8.x OS that I will lose this data. Can I do a backup and then restore? I am not sure. I should have not updated to IOS9 :x
I tried downgrading and I couldn't get the iOS IPSW signed so it kept failing. If you can get it downgraded go for it.

I was looking into it and apparently you'd have to export the HLT lap data (it's somewhere in the lap analysis menu), save the laptimer videos from the phone (if you used any), and then downgrade, reinstall HLT, and import the data and videos back in. At least that's what I understood from the HLT documentation. I was able to export my fastest lap already so I gave up on trying since I need my phone functional throughout the day. Maybe I'll try it on my iPad.
nkohler
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by nkohler »

Also to note that none of my GoPro videos have the metadata field filled in with the JNK-XXXX-GP stuff like it used to
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The use of metadata tags to associate videos with laps is outdated. Please use the re-link option as described in Video Documentation on www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

On the general issue: I have not reproduced it yet but it is on the fix list.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
nkohler
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by nkohler »

OK so I was able to overlay this session laps using a different video, one that in no way is part of the particular laps, but that tells me that there must be something odd with the correct video file.

I may try to re-encode it or try copying again maybe it corrupted during transfers between GoPro to iphone.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please make sure it is FullHD / 1080 and 25/30fps
Image Image Image Image
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by m.a.r.c. »

Harry wrote:Please make sure it is FullHD / 1080 and 25/30fps
The video in the phone or from the GoPro? does it have to be 1080 and 30fps? I think my gopro video defaulted to 720p/60fps and I think my iPhone was set to 60fps as well. Could the issue be related to that?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

720 is fine. 60fps should work too, but is not tested frequently. When re-encoding anyway, please try the "standard" - chances are better it will work.

Harry
Image Image Image Image