Crashing during overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Crashing during overlay

Post by m.a.r.c. »

Hi I'm having an issue when I try to create an overlay video the app blanks out and appears to crash. When I return to the app it restarts at the main screen. When I go back in I see 0:00 time video in the laptimer recordings sandbox. I get the same thing if I try to link a GoPro video for the PIP overlay.

If I try it over and over again a few times I get lucky but it has failed more consistently than it has been successful.

I'm running HLT v19.0.22 (64) Grand Prix on an iPhone 6 on iOS 9.0.2
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crashing during overlay

Post by Harry »

Yes, I got a few reports on this issue for iOS9. I have not yet a clue what the problem is. The crashes leave no crash log, so it is most probably something with the iOS9 media libraries memory management. I monitor that item and will try to fix it once I get more insights.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by m.a.r.c. »

OK was hoping I was doing something wrong. I'll keep trying and wait for you update. Thanks Harry
Karl99
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Karl99 »

One more here with same/similar issue this morning, also ios9, one lap overlaid OK this morning, since then all other attempts to overlay other laps get to "6% overlaid" and screen blanks, have to reopen app. Thanks and best
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by zeusbap »

Marc, I'm having the same issue. I thought it was because I was overlaying a relatively long 8min video, but it's good to hear that's not the case. Thanks for looking into it, Harry.
nkohler
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by nkohler »

I am having the same issue with crashing while processing the overlay. IOS 9.0.2, iphone 5 16gb. At this point I cannot overlay any of my laps which is a shame. Percentage when the app crashes is not consistent. Its definitely an ios9 issue, never had this issue with 8.x, considering seeing if I can downgrade so this works again.
nkohler
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by nkohler »

I take that back, while I cannot overlay any video, it appears that the video I am trying to overlay crashes at the same (57%) consistently. I did a DB check on the Lap List screen and it fixed 14 problems however it did not change the overlay behavior.
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by m.a.r.c. »

Karl99 wrote:One more here with same/similar issue this morning, also ios9, one lap overlaid OK this morning, since then all other attempts to overlay other laps get to "6% overlaid" and screen blanks, have to reopen app. Thanks and best
I got the same thing. Karl. I was able to overlay/export 2-3 videos out of like 20 tries. I even tried killing all other apps, putting the phone on DND and making sure it was plugged into power but I couldn't find a pattern as to why those few worked and the rest didn't.
zeusbap wrote:Marc, I'm having the same issue. I thought it was because I was overlaying a relatively long 8min video, but it's good to hear that's not the case. Thanks for looking into it, Harry.
Zeusbap: I was overlaying a short video (~2 minutes long) but it was being pulled from a longer clip about ~20 long. At first I thought it was because I was trying to overlay a GoPro video PIP as well but I got the same sporadic behavior overlaying the video from HLT itself.
nkohler
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by nkohler »

How did you guys transfer your GoPro video? I used the iTunes Application way, trying over WiFi from the GoPro now. It takes a very long time though. I will report back after it is complete
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by m.a.r.c. »

nkohler wrote:How did you guys transfer your GoPro video? I used the iTunes Application way, trying over WiFi from the GoPro now. It takes a very long time though. I will report back after it is complete
I did wifi but it does take a long time depending on video length.