Crashing during overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
nkohler
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Crashing during overlay

Post by nkohler »

That worked Harry, no PiP but was able to overlay using the rename function. Will look forward to if a fix comes out to get the PiP but this is definitely better than just raw video. Thank you!

Neil
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by m.a.r.c. »

No luck for me. I actually tried to delete the PIP second video before making this post and had the same issue
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Are you sure LapTimer does not insert a reference video PiP? Try turning off the option on the second Overlay Configuration page (swipe to switch page).
Image Image Image Image
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by m.a.r.c. »

Harry wrote:Are you sure LapTimer does not insert a reference video PiP? Try turning off the option on the second Overlay Configuration page (swipe to switch page).
ooo yeah that worked like a champ! sorry for my misunderstanding. I didn't even remember the second page. Thanks for the guidance Harry!

Question though. The videos I associated are actually from my GoPro and are in my phone's Photo's library so I don't have the option to rename it. What do you suggest I do in this case?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You may turn off LapTimer access to Photo library (iOS privacy setting). This will work only in case the master is not sitting in the Photo library too.

Videos generated will not go to Photo library in this mode either, they will stay in LapTimer Recordings.

In case this is no option, write down one of the sync points (and the lap it belongs to) before removing the video link (press Edit in Lap Details and "delete" the PiP).

You can add the video later again (and set the sync point memorized).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
m.a.r.c.
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by m.a.r.c. »

oooo I think i botched it already because I had moved around the video a few times. No biggie as this was my first track day and the PIP video from the GoPro wasn't that great anyway but it's good to know for future.
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by zeusbap »

For what it's worth, here's another data point:

1) iPhone 6, 64GB
2) iOS 9.0.2
3) Master video imported from GoPro 3+ Black 720@60fps.
5) PIP video taken from front facing iPhone camera, resolution unknown. Have not yet tried removing it as suggested, but I'll report back soon.
6) Lap length: 8m45s
7) Overlay got to 23-26%
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by zeusbap »

Whoops, forgot to reply last night... Changed the name to .mov2 and the overlay worked like a charm.

Now I'm trying to get that PIP file to be accessible again and apply that in iMovie on my phone. Might break out Adobe Premiere if that doesn't work.

Thanks for your quick response on this matter, Harry. It's much appreciated.
zeusbap
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by zeusbap »

Success!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30a2gUN2MKc

I used iMovie app on iOS, it was pretty easy.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That's great, I haven't seen too many rally videos using LapTimer so far. Is it ok to share it on LapTimer's Facebook page?

One more: iOS9 introduce non-monospaced digits. This makes the number displays shrink and grow all the time. To work around, select Helvetica instead of System as font in LapTimer's Settings. The next update will come with a tweaked iOS9 system font using monospaced digits again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image