Issues with vehicles

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
tipounastre
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Issues with vehicles

Post by tipounastre »

... I have not used HLT for quiet some time... and now track days are coming soon ;)

I've installed HLT on the configuration outlined below and I am facing issues with vehicle management.

- I have created vehicle A - saved OK and visible after restart
- I added some further parameters (power / RPMs...) and all was OK till I restarted HLT. Then my changes are gone

- I have created vehicle B - not saved after restart of HLT

- I tried to delete the default 911 which is in HLT - not possible. I mean yes in HLT after 2 attempts it wanted to remove it but after restart it was again there.

Configuration:
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Android 5.0
- HLT Petrolhead Edition v19.0.23
tipounastre
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Issues with vehicles

Post by tipounastre »

Actually I seem to have similar issues with tracks - downloaded one, checked map & POIs. Closed HLT, started it again - track's gone.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Both reports indicate the database change (vehicle addition / removal, track addition) is either not stored, or LapTimer rolls back the database during startup for some inconsistency reasons.

Two questions / requests:

1) Do you have any indication the app crashes after one of the operations. In Android, crashes can come in different flavours. There is certainly a full app crash bringing you back to the springboard. In addition, an individual activity like the vehicle details dialog can crash without getting a full app termination. So when changing vehicle details, do you get any unexpected dialog close / re-opening?
2) When LapTimer rolls back the database to an earlier version, it writes a line to the System.log file. This file is attached to any mail you generate from within LapTimer when tapping the Contact button. Please send me the last few lines of this log file to check whether data is rolled back.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tipounastre
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tipounastre »

1. Actually yes, it sometimes bring me back to the springboard
2. I've attached the log file to this reply
Attachments
System.log
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., it is #1. The system log shows no resets. From the crash logs collected, I see there are crashes for certain device types(?) in vehicle list. This is an issue I have on my list for quite some time but I have never been able to reproduce it. In case you want to create a short video showing how you start the vehicle details dialog from somewhere, change something up to the position the app "crashes", this would be super helpful. No high quality needed, so just use a second smartphone to record it. Thanks!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tipounastre
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tipounastre »

Thanks Harry ;)

I've sent you the link to the video by PM.
tipounastre
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tipounastre »

I'm trying to reply to your MP but it stays in my outbox... today morning I must have got off on the wrong foot ;)

< ---- MP ---->
Yes this is correct, after having changed the payload I click on the top left back button.
At 0:45 I press on the Android button to display open apps and I close HLT by swiping it on the right side. Then I re-open it.