Multicam broken on iOS9 ?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multicam broken on iOS9 ?

Post by Harry »

Sonys and GoPros create an infrastructure, not an ad hoc network.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Well once it's connected to the master device, it will not let me connect the 4S too.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That's odd, Sony seem to block additional connections...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
shaq0853
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by shaq0853 »

Harry wrote:
The iOS MultiCam support might be broken currently, same for iCloud operation. I plan to rework (or drop) that part for v20.

- Harry
Please when is v20 scheduled to release ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Spring 2016
Image Image Image Image
shaq0853
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by shaq0853 »

Harry wrote:Spring 2016
It's kind of too long, would you please fix multicam problem first ?
Upgrade to GP edition for these feature.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No
Image Image Image Image
JBasham
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by JBasham »

Sir,

I am writing to ask, if the bug cannot be fixed, please do not revise version 20 to delete the function we have at present. Many U.S. cars now have their own wifi networks, and many U.S. cell phone owners have a wifi hotspot service on their phones. Even though iOS device multicam mode now seems to require me to put both the master and the multicam device on the same wifi network, I am able to do this in my track car without difficulty.
cwajciec
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cwajciec »

Hi. First post and great forum. I recently upgraded to Grand Prix addition so I could use my iPhone 5 as a multi cam for my iPhone 6s master. I too could not get them connected without being on my same home wifi, which would not work at the track. It would also not work if I use my 6s hotspot since that connects via Bluetooth to another iOS device.
I managed to get a couple videos to start but it is crash city whenever doing the following...
1. Starting a lap recording from the video screen while in multicam. Crashes 75% of the time
2. Stopping a recording by pressing stop. Crashes 50%
3. Trying to overlay a video. It shows the master video as pip and a broken link for master. Doesn't matter cause it crashes 100% of the time whenever I hit overlay. By 100% I mean I've tried it 50 times with all kinds of different settings. iCloud on, off, automatic uploading, etc. The companion app works perfectly to capture and upload the videos.

I also paired with my iPad as a multicam and this seems to work better, but it still only will connect on wifi and all crashes while trying to overlay. I'm having a bit of buyers remorse and I wonder if the native Grand Prix vs upgrade will work better?

If I turn discover multicam off, everything works perfectly but without the one feature I bought Grand Prix upgrade for. Any ideas?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I haven't really touched that area since iOS9 and there may be multiple issues with it. I have a revisit on my list for v20 but do not know if I will be able to get working till its final release. The WiFi requirement which seems to be mandatory since iOS9 makes me think a about a complete redesign of the underlying connection technology. Maybe some BT LE signaling available btw for iOS and Android (newer devices).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image