Video and data overlay out of sync

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Hi,

Just got home from a trip to Europe and a bucket list drive on the Nurburgring. While driving on the track was one of the funnest days ever, I have only one lap with good video. Anyhow, I've tried to overlay two different laps and both have the problem where the video starts a short ways after the bridge, despite manually starting video before the bridge and telling HLT to add several seconds in the overlay screen to the start of the lap. This results in the video showing events before the GPS does. I can watch the raw video and see that all of the video is there and working.

Any idea what is causing this? Also, the message "Number of laps available for multi lap overlays reduced due to inconsistent sync points. Please adjust the lap's sync point and agree to adjust the full session."

I'm using HLT Grand Prix Edition v19.0.12 on an Iphone 5S.

thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

So you are saying the video extends before the start of the lap, you are selecting a value bigger zero using the Intro slider, and the overlaid video still starts behind the bridge? Please clarify.

Please ignore the message on non continuous laps. For BTG recordings, you have a gap between gantry and bridge by definition. So even with a multi lap video, LapTimer can't overlay two or more laps in one video as these gaps are not supported.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Video and data overlay out of sync

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Harry wrote:So you are saying the video extends before the start of the lap, you are selecting a value bigger zero using the Intro slider, and the overlaid video still starts behind the bridge? Please clarify.
Yes this exactly.
Harry wrote:Please ignore the message on non continuous laps. For BTG recordings, you have a gap between gantry and bridge by definition. So even with a multi lap video, LapTimer can't overlay two or more laps in one video as these gaps are not supported.

Harry
Ok thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hmm, no idea, haven't seen this before. Please export a single lap this issues occurs to .hlptrl and send it to me please. Maybe I can see something...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Harry wrote:Hmm, no idea, haven't seen this before. Please export a single lap this issues occurs to .hlptrl and send it to me please. Maybe I can see something...

- Harry
Ok I sent you the file of one of my laps. I've also uploaded a short clip of the beginning of the lap to youtube for you to see.