Green Throttle Bar reads 100% with very little throttle.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
swbca3691
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Green Throttle Bar reads 100% with very little throttle.

Post by swbca3691 »

V 19.0.17 with OBDLink MX
2014 Audi A4

I installed the OBDLink application and observed the % values for these PIDs during a test drive.

Relative Throttle Position
Absolute Throttle Position
Accelerator pedal position B
Accelerator pedal position D
Accelerator pedal position E

I don't know what these values mean, but non of them reach 100% during my test drive which included some fairly hard acceleration and some of them seemed to have a predictable, linear relationship to the physical pedal position.

When I switched my phone from the OBDLink App to Harry's LapTimer, the Green throttle bar works normally when the engine is turned off.

When driving, the Green throttle Bar would hit 100% with very little throttle, usually about 20% would spike the bar.
This was inconsistent. Occasionally, fairly hard acceleration would display about 80% on the Green bar, but usually very light acceleration would spike the bar.

I could not figure out what driving condition causes the green bar to occasionally follow the physical throttle position - like it does with the engine turned off.

Thank You for any help
Last edited by swbca3691 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Green Throttle Bar reads 100% with very little throttle.

Post by Harry »

This has actually been discussed several times ;-) E.g. here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1337

The PIDs listed are both the throttle controlled by the ECU nowadays (default) or a pedal position. So when using the standard setting, it might not even be enough to fully press the pedal, but you need some driving condition the engine really opens the throttle fully. Or in short: on track you will get the correct calibration during the introduction lap easily ;-) There are several areas public roads are not LapTimer's play ground, it needs the real stuff :-D

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
swbca3691
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Green Throttle Bar reads 100% with very little throttle.

Post by swbca3691 »

Thanks for the link to the previous post. I did not see that in your message initially.