iOS 9 Testing?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
FergusH
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: iOS 9 Testing?

Post by FergusH »

I've been to two track events so far and there were a bunch of Apple employees at each, all using LapTimer. I think you might have some friends on the inside... :-)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Nice thought :-)

Interesting enough I got mail from Google 3 weeks ago... They had selected LapTimer for Android 6 (M, or Marshmallow) compatibility testing and found an issue. The report included a step by step description on how to reproduce the issue - so it has not been an automated process. I didn't expect that either... This allowed be to fix it already.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
FergusH
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by FergusH »

Harry wrote:Nice thought :-)

Interesting enough I got mail from Google 3 weeks ago... They had selected LapTimer for Android 6 (M, or Marshmallow) compatibility testing and found an issue. The report included a step by step description on how to reproduce the issue - so it has not been an automated process. I didn't expect that either... This allowed be to fix it already.

- Harry
Ha: I think you've got friends there too! I had dinner before a track day with two Apple employees, two Google employees, a startup company guy and a Tesla guy. A friend who's an engineering director at Google is definitely a LapTimer user too.
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cobbyboy »

I have IOS 9 on my IPhone 4s. I keep getting the screen Nick posted above. Any hints/advice. Thanks, Jim
MatthewS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MatthewS »

I also (foolishly?) upgraded to IOS 9.0.1 and am often experiencing the same issue where the screen appears to be "zoomed in". Not just on the video recording screen. It has happened on the main laptimer screen as well. Though usually shifting to the opposite orientation and then back corrects those cases. But the only way I've found to get out of that zoomed video screen is to kill the app and start over. I'm running HLT 19.0.20.

Harry, should I just go back to IOS 8.4.1 for now? I have a big autocross this weekend and I'm also fighting multi-cam issues (maybe also IOS9 related?), so the less hassles the better...

Thanks,
Matt
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please check items 5 to 8 on viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693

It lists known issues for iOS9. I hope to have fixed most of them with the upcoming version 19.0.22 I have submitted this version several days ago but cannot give an ETA for Apple's review.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
rjmalm
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by rjmalm »

iSO 9.02 and HLT 19.0.22 are downloadable now. I installed both.
A few attempts at video always looked ok (landscape). Great news!!!
Minor issues:
Then switch back to Realtime (menu panel in landscape) Acceleration selection menu in landscape, Acceleration in landscape-> ERROR white screen.
I can see it zoom and the acc info goes up off screen.
Back to info/home (hold in portrait) and then back down to Acceleration all in portrait, no problem even with rotated (image is still in portrait but all is visible)
so its something with post video state being in landscape and the following menus in landscape (correct) the acc panel does not get reformated to landscape.
Looks like same issue with the Satellites panel as well. Engine and GPS panels look ok (reformated to landscape).
cobbyboy
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cobbyboy »

Harry wrote:Please check items 5 to 8 on viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693

It lists known issues for iOS9. I hope to have fixed most of them with the upcoming version 19.0.22 I have submitted this version several days ago but cannot give an ETA for Apple's review.

Harry
Harry, Just wanted to say that your update did the trick for my Iphone 4S with I.O.S. 9. Many thanks, Jim
MatthewS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MatthewS »

Yes, thank you Harry! The latest update has definitely helped restore usability.