Can't add additional tracks (POI sets)

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
MatthewS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Can't add additional tracks (POI sets)

Post by MatthewS »

I have run into an issue where HLT will not let me add a 17th track. (15 named + unspecified)

From Timer view, I tap 'Status' in top-right of screen. I tap the current track, which brings me to my Tracks list. I tap Edit, scroll down to bottom of list, and tap "Add new Track". I provide a name and tap Save.

No error is given, but the new track doesn't appear in the list like it normally would. In order for it to appear, I first have to delete one of my previous autoX tracks. This forces the laps from it to be moved to unspecified, which I don't want.

I have experienced the same thing when using the Autocross wizard.

Is this a bug, or is the number of allowed tracks really this low? If this low, why the limit? Could it be removed?

Thanks!
Matt
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't add additional tracks (POI sets)

Post by Harry »

That's a limit dating back to PalmOS times. Quite some effort to work around, so I shifted this topic. The best way to cope with this is as follows:

1) Export all laps for any AX to .hlptrl. Select one, press Export and select Track as the scope to make it in one step.
2) Back in Lap List, select Year from the top. Select the year the drive the AX from the AX section and press Delete List in the bottom. This will delete all laps.
3) In case the AX section has not been removed automatically, delete it as usual.

In case you want to restore the AX later, free up a slot and import the .hlptrl file again.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
MatthewS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MatthewS »

Cool, thanks for the help - that workaround seems reasonable. The only thing I'm confused by is that you specify to export using the Track filter, but then say to delete the laps using the Year filter. The Track filter makes sense, just not sure why you specified using the Year filter to delete them.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The year list style is actually the only one you can apply a Delete List for all laps of a track (provided they are all within a year).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
jwmelvin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by jwmelvin »

It would really be nice to keep a lot more than 15 track sets. May I vote for this enhancement?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well, I'm aware of the limit, but it is really hard to remove. I assume I will replace the current database system at some time in the future. Switching to a system like SQLite will significantly slow down LapTimer's extremely fast database, so I tend to wait 2 more smartphone generations until I consider this step.

Harry
Image Image Image Image