Android external video import fail

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
cayman pyrat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Android external video import fail

Post by cayman pyrat »

I'm trying to overlay HLT lap info on my android S5 using a video recorded on my GoPro and failing...

I've got a Samsung S5 running HLT petrolhead. I've got a good data set from my second session at Spa but the video trigger didn't work properly. Luckily I also have GoPro video from the same session. I've used GoPro Studio to create a full HD 1080 video of each single lap and exported as .mp4. I copied the video into my S5 SD card using the same folder as the HLT videos. HLT shows the video in the video list but has a red ! and "unknown" for both time and date. When I try to add the video to the lap, HLT shows a large "NO (video icon)" in the Preview box. When I click on the Overlay button, the error message says "Invalid master video" and "Master Missing"

The video plays okay when I click on it to play with the android video player so I am certain the video itself is not corrupted.

What have I done wrong?

Sorry, Harry, if this has been covered previously on the forum but cannot find the answer...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android external video import fail

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The red exclamation mark is ok. It signals there is no lap associated with this video currently. Unknown for date and time is not o.k., it means this information cannot be retrieved from the video's meta data. I'd suggest to play with video encodings and resolution. Maybe try a simple HD (720p) video with 25/30fps and using H.264 encoding for video and AAC for audio. Make sure you use a mp4 container and extension.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

P.S. Please send a snapshot of Video Details if possible.
Image Image Image Image
cayman pyrat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cayman pyrat »

Here are three snapshots that I hope have the info you need. I will also be trying to overlay a gopro video from a Nordschleife lap, and need to know what settings I should use for that video to get a good overlay. Thanks!
Screenshot_2015-07-06-22-35-32 smaller.jpg
Screenshot_2015-07-06-22-35-32 smaller.jpg (97.56 KiB) Viewed 2969 times
Screenshot_2015-07-06-22-35-52 smaller.jpg
Screenshot_2015-07-06-22-35-52 smaller.jpg (104.18 KiB) Viewed 2969 times
20150706_220413 smaller.jpg
20150706_220413 smaller.jpg (129.18 KiB) Viewed 2969 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please try removing the spaces from the filename.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cayman pyrat
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cayman pyrat »

Wow, I did something very very simple...just changed the file name to one without any spaces and HLT found and processed the video overlay!

I'll next try a video that will have intro and exit frames and see if I can accurately shift the overlay to exactly the F1 start/finish line.

I'll also be experimenting with different formats from gopro studio and see if this is the only issue. If I can overlay on Full HD 1080 that is desired...will let you know!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Great. I will check where URL / filename conversions need to be changed. As you can see from the snapshot, there is a %20 für each space. This is the way spaces are used in URLs. For filenames, they need to be changed back to spaces.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
stasmagic
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by stasmagic »

Hi! Iphone 6S+Gopro4+GP edition
Problem to overlay go pro video
err1.jpg
err1.jpg (99.22 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
err0.jpg
err0.jpg (92.82 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You need to transfer the HERO video to your smartphone before overlaying it. The video shown as master is just a thumbnail loaded from the cam. As long as direct download are unstable, I should probably work on the error messages :-)

For details on how to transfer footage, please have a look into Video Documentation available from www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image