Problems with video overlays

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with video overlays

Post by Harry »

Hi,

LapTimer detects no OBD data in your recording (otherwise, it would display GPS,OBD,ACCEL). Please export the lap to CSV and check the OBD columns. I'm sure the data is either missing or pretty incomplete.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Problems with video overlays

Post by Dubbedown »

Harry wrote:Hi,

LapTimer detects no OBD data in your recording (otherwise, it would display GPS,OBD,ACCEL). Please export the lap to CSV and check the OBD columns. I'm sure the data is either missing or pretty incomplete.

- Harry
Correct, looking at the log the last few columns all show 0 values [RPM, MAF, WHEEL SPEED, THROTTLE, GEAR]

The weird thing is I KNOW for sure the GoPoint BT1 was connected. In fact, first thing I'd do is plug the BT1, start the car, turn on Bluetooth in iPhone, confirm it was paired successfully, and then start up HLT software (which showed RPM's)...

Hopefully better luck next time. Quick question though, is there anyway to check real time if OBD data is being recorded? Problem is I cannot mount the phone on the windshield and actually see data/video while driving...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problems with video overlays

Post by Harry »

Two places: either the Speedo view, or the combined view that replaces some other fields e.g. in the GPS view (the one with the bar for rpm): both show a blue circle blinking when receiving an OBD fix (and a red for errors, and a green for data requested). It is the same like the GPS signal gadget in GPS view (blinks blue).

Harry

Harry
Image Image Image Image