Problems with data (speed or g meter) not being correct?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Lately it seems at least one lap a day that I record with harry's lap timer gets messed up. My most recent example is an autocross I did this past weekend that I manually started and stopped the recording for the lap. However, when I overlay the data the G meter is off. It actually looks like it might be reversed between linear and lateral. Any way to fix this? What caused this?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For v18.3, LapTimer starts a recalibration each time you rotate the device. Recalibration can go wrong if LapTimer applies wrong assumptions on the current state (e.g. it may assume you are standing on flat surface, but you don't).

For the upcoming v19, LapTimer will use calibration presets and not calculate it individually by default. Presets for cars are the device is mounted centered in the windscreen - mostly upright, and slightly turned to the driver. There are four presets overall - selected automatically. It is still possible to do your own calibration and to store it for future use (new). Finally, the G-G diagram offers options to flip accelerations after the fact.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Problems with data (speed or g meter) not being correct?

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Is flipping the G accelerators after the face a current option?

How do I do that?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, the current version supports rotation only. You can find the option in Lap List -> any lap -> Data Recording -> select track preview -> Charts -> swipe to G-G chart

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Chad-1stgen
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Chad-1stgen »

Harry wrote:No, the current version supports rotation only. You can find the option in Lap List -> any lap -> Data Recording -> select track preview -> Charts -> swipe to G-G chart

- Harry
Great this helped! Thanks!