Transfering DAta to a new device

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
wilko748
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Transfering DAta to a new device

Post by wilko748 »

Hi Harry, I'm sure this question has been answered but I can't find the details anywhere. I have just up graded my Lap-timer device from the iPod Touch 4th Gen to the 5th Gen. I've done a backup and restore to the new device but no laps, videos or driver / Bike info has been brought over. Is there a way to transfer all of the old data (Driver/Vehicle Laps Videos etc).

Many thanks.

Steve
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Transfering DAta to a new device

Post by Harry »

The restore is going on in background and will take considerable time when using the iTunes mechanism. In case you interrupt the process (by starting the app), it is well possible it is excluded.

To transfer your laps manually, export the full Lap List to .hlptrl and send the file to an account you can read on the 5th gen device. Touch the attachment and select LapTimer for import. In case you have videos sitting in LapTimer internal storage, you can copy them over using a tool like iBrowse or iFunbox. Copy all .mov and .mp4 file you find in LapTimer/Documents. They will be relinked automatically.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
wilko748
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Transfering DAta to a new device

Post by wilko748 »

Thanks Harry, I'll try that.