Multi Cam

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
luokj1985
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Multi Cam

Post by luokj1985 »

Hello Harry
Recently I bought a onboard cam called "AMKOV SJ5000", it's very similly like a gopro cam(both the size and function) that have wifi control.(I've tested that from my iphone, it can take picture and videos).
I tried to connect it to laptimer(grand prix edition), but it seems not work. In sensor list, the multi cam is desabled.
Below are the steps that I've tried to connect it to laptimer
1. updata laptimer from petrolhead to grand prix
2. turn the cam wifi on, and connect it to the iphone with password '1234567890'
3. turn on th laptimer and set the multi cam on
4. entering the password in laptimer for gopro '1234567890'
5. then I check the sensor list, the 'multicam video' is still desabled, and I can control the cam through the laptimer even the cam is on and connect to the iphone.

So is that means the gopro is the only cam that can be supported by laptimer? I really struggled to try to connect the "AMKOV SJ5000" cam to the laptimer. So even the laptimer can't support that cam, it's still a good answer to me :D
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multi Cam

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I assume the SJ5000 provides its own protocol for remote controlling. You may check compatibility using GoPro's own app but I really doubt they mimic the private HERO protocol... The current version of LapTimer remote controls HERO3 and 3+ cams. The HERO4 may work by accident but is not officially supported. The upcoming version 19 will support more cams: HERO3/3+/4 plus a bunch of Sony cams.

You can use your SJ5000 footage nevertheless. For some information on this item, please check the las chapter in http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf

- Harry
Image Image Image Image