Laptimer starting and stopping in 5s while in my pocket

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
wdepaepe
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Laptimer starting and stopping in 5s while in my pocket

Post by wdepaepe »

Dear fellow logtimer-fans,

Sometimes when I have my iPhone4 in my trouser pocket in my office or at home, laptimer starts and stops logging in a 5s interval. I noticed this because it beeps at start and stop. I also had 22 laptimes added to my lap list, each with 0s laptime length. Deleting them each time, is a pain in the a s s.

Anyone have an idea how to stop this (other then having to remove laptimer from the active applications)

Wim
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Laptimer starting and stopping in 5s while in my pocket

Post by bulls23 »

Have you set up triggers near your home / office?
wdepaepe
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wdepaepe »

Hi Harry,
thanks for the quick reply on the other question (changing tracks after the logging) and for your nice product.

For testing laptimer, I record the time for going to the office and back to home. So indeed, the trigger points are near the office and my home.

Greetings, Wim
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I will add some checks to not start timing accidentally in next version. As this is always a risk to miss starts wanted, it is a sensible topic.
Until than, please simple send LapTimer to background as long as you do not use it. Use the Home button, not the Sleep button.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image