Reference lap defaulting to last lap not best lap

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
irvandriel
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Reference lap defaulting to last lap not best lap

Post by irvandriel »

Hi
I'm having trouble working out setting the reference lap. I typically do sprint events and thus have multiple sessions in a day. Usually I'd like to set my reference as the best lap I have ever done at that track. I've tried going into lap list, selecting the appropriate lap and then selecting 'REF reference" and I get message saying this is the new reference lap. But then when I start my next session the reference seems to default to/change to the first lap of that session. I've also tried select reference in the 'Timer' screen by touching on "reference' and then selecting best. In that case it does not always show best lap as reference but I think th first lap or maybe the last lap.
Anyone else seen this or can set me straight?
Using iPhone 6, GP edition v18.3.9
Cheers
Ian
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reference lap defaulting to last lap not best lap

Post by Harry »

There are three options:

1) Set a fixed reference lap: Lap List -> any lap -> Reference button
2) Best Lap: Settings -> GPS / Reference -> Fastest Lap
3) Last Lap: Settings -> GPS / Reference -> Last Lap

As an alternative, you can set 2) + 3) using the event hover view popping up when selecting the small wrench (or in v19, Status) in Timer and other views. Important: best and last laps are selected from the database taking the current track and vehicle selected into account. So results may not be what you expect when the vehicle is not set correctly or you want to compare to a lap driven with a different car. To do the later, you need to go for option 1).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
ohthetrees
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Reference lap defaulting to last lap not best lap

Post by ohthetrees »

I would love to see a 4th option... Best Lap of day. Often when conditions are not great (cold, wet) I have no chance of matching my best, but I would like if it would make reference best of the day.