Problem with OBDII on Android

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Gsyk59
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Problem with OBDII on Android

Post by Gsyk59 »

Harry - I've got a Galaxy S5 phone and I'm running Petrolhead V18.3.8. I've got the OBDLink MX scanner. I can get the scanner to pair to my phone and I can see the scanner working correctly in the OBDLink application and I can see it "paried" under "OBD Sensors" in your app. Problem is, I can never see it working on the app. When I download track sessions, all the OBD data is blank.
Any suggestions, am I missing a setup step someplace?
Thanks for the help - love your app.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with OBDII on Android

Post by Harry »

Hi,

When switching to Sensor List in LapTimer, you see the MX with "Connected" status? Is an update rate displayed and if yes, which value?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Gsyk59
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Gsyk59 »

Ok, I was only partly correct. I can see that the OBD is paired with my phone and working on it's on app, but it doesn't show available in Harry's. I've got a couple screen shots, but can't seem to get them inserted here.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You are aware you need to add the paired BT device to LapTimer's sensor list? Please check this one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2463

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Gsyk59
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Gsyk59 »

Yes, I had tried that and no luck. However, I fiddled around with it and figured out the problem. Seems when I had the OBDII app running to see my gauges and such in it's own app, it would not connect to Harry's. Found out that if I just disconnected the OBDII from it's own app, it would pair and work fine in your app. Next test, do a couple laps around the neighborhood and then see that the data downloads - I expect it will work fine.
Thank you for the support and for providing a great app.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The other app should probably close the connection. There are not many BT accessories that can handle more than one client at a time... I will add that to my troubleshooting Q&A

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

PS I assume it didn't connect at all with the other app active, i.e. showing a red dot?
Image Image Image Image