GPS out of sync / OBD drops out with Kiwi-style Adapter

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
spets
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

GPS out of sync / OBD drops out with Kiwi-style Adapter

Post by spets »

Hi Harry,

Please take a look at the following YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbSQac9KxkQ

I am using an iPhone 4. I did not change any sync/delay settings. Using Harry's Laptimer V.14. I am using the internal GPS and a cheap version of the Kiwi Wifi OBD sensor. I manually started the video record (did not use a trigger).

In the video, the GPS data is not matching up to where I am on the track. The MPH speed seems to be OK, but G-force and track position indicators are "off". Also, the OBD data drops out quite frequently.

Could there be some code optimizations to the way Harry's Laptimer picks up and uses OBD data? Or is it just the fault of the Wifi style adapter? Is there a wired iPhone-compatable OBD plug-in alternative? Any suggestions on syncing the G-force plot and position location?

Any advice would be appreciated :)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPS out of sync / OBD drops out with Kiwi-style Adapter

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Looking into the video, my impression is that GPS, acceleration, OBD are approximately in sync. The video is not in line with this. Please check the following: play with the expert setting 'Overlay Synchronization' and try overlaying (the original video) again. In case the available range is not sufficient, you need to cut off the end if the video so it fits the GPS recording.

With manual recording, synchronization needs some more work from my side, I know ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image