overlay error

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
bleunetizen
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

overlay error

Post by bleunetizen »

Hi there,

Just tested an overlay, it is a short 60sec video with OBD and external GPS data.

When it is about 65% through, the overlay fails with error "LapTimer failed writing the overlaid video. Error reported is "Code: 6, writing video frame failed'.

There is enough free space on both SD and internal storage of the phone, changing overlay quality does not seem to make any difference.

Any suggestions? It is on samsung note 4

thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: overlay error

Post by Harry »

That's a problem reported by the video library - it has problems processing a special frame. Please try two things: 1) repeat - maybe there has been some influence from another process 2) Generate a trace log which probably includes some more context information I can investigate. Instructions can be found here, the trace classes to enable are FFmpeg and Video.

I assume it is some compatibility issue between the video lib and the particular (hopefully not every) video recorded by the Note4.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bleunetizen
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by bleunetizen »

Hi Harry,

sent the log through to your email :)
bleunetizen
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by bleunetizen »

tested another short video clip, returns the same error. Does laptimer use internal memory or SD card? maybe something is wrong with my memory card?
bleunetizen
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by bleunetizen »

any update on this one? Have a friend with the same phone who wants to buy the laptimer, I ended up using iphone6 instead because I couldnt wait..
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Sorry for the missing reply. I received your log, thanks for sending. As expected, it is an error returned from the video library when writing a single frame. While I could ignore the error, skip the frame, and continue with the next one, I'm currently working on replacing the current library by a new version and an alternative approach for Android 4.3 and later. I hope he problem will go away then. While he ignore/skip/continue thing will go into a bugfix release (early January), the replacement of libs goes into LapTimer v19 (early Spring 2015).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image