A few issues.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
W3STY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

A few issues.

Post by W3STY »

Hi,

I am running Lap Timer Pro on an iPhone 3GS and have been experiencing the following issues:

1 - When I was at the Nurburgring last weekend Lap Timer wouldn't start automatically at the Bridge and would crash (exit back to iPhone home screen) when reaching the Gantry. I tried messing about with a few settings and re calibrated it a few times but nothing worked. A few of my friends have iPhone 4 and it seems to work fine for them so i thought it was my 3Gs!!?

2 - I am going to Beford Autodrome in Novemeber so I loaded the map into Lap Timer Pro. It has loaded all the POI but when I switch the video screen it isn't displaying the map in the bottom left. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,

Westy
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A few issues.

Post by Harry »

Hi Westy,

on 1) Did you press 'Go' when you started? Please do not take as recommendation - it must not be pressed in automatic mode - just to clarify the circumstances. Did it start recording after passing the Bridge? Please send me the crash log for the Gantry, I'll send you a step by step via email.
on 2) LapTimer uses recorded data to display the shape. The Track Sets are only triggers / points of interest, no complete plot. The lap will appear once you have completed one lap successfully.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
W3STY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by W3STY »

Thanks, Harry.

I have since rebuilt my iPhone several times since last weekend as it wasn't running very well so I doubt the logs will be there but I will look.

My friends phones were automatically starting to record when passing the bridge but mine wouldn't so I pressed the record button manually. When I reached the gantry it crashed.

I've heard people saying that the GPSon the iPhone 4 is much better than the iPhone 3 but i thought it should still work?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I ran quite some laps with an iPhone3G, so it works in principle. The 3G and 3Gs are by far not as good as the iPhone4 GPS is, but for timing it should work. You may consider the Emprum Ultimate GPS or the Dual XGPS150 to improve.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
W3STY
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by W3STY »

Harry wrote:I ran quite some laps with an iPhone3G, so it works in principle. The 3G and 3Gs are by far not as good as the iPhone4 GPS is, but for timing it should work. You may consider the Emprum Ultimate GPS or the Dual XGPS150 to improve.

- Harry
I'm waiting for the iPhone5 to be released then everything should be ok ;)

I'll see how it behaves at Bedford Autodrome in November. Thanks for your help Harry.