V18.3.5 update issue

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

V18.3.5 update issue

Post by rscliofan »

Hi Harry, I know this was kind of covered on another thread but.

I spoke to Apple and they have said it's down to the developer not them to trouble shoot the none update issue.

So I'm V18.3.4 and I still can't get V18.3.5

I've tried deleting it out of iTunes then re downloading it in iTunes but syncing syncs the 18.3.4 off the device and overwrites 18.3.5 in iTunes back to 18.3.4

I don't want to go and start emailing all my settings back across and then deleting HLT off my device incase I get issues.

Is there any solution to not getting the update?

ALL my other apps are updating except this one and as I'm not the only one with this issue I don't believe it is something my end blocking it.

Unless it is due to iap from rookie to petrol head or the beta tester update to GP?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: V18.3.5 update issue

Post by Harry »

Nice try ;-) I have no idea what can be done on developer side here. There have been so many issues with the AppStore portal lately I'd assume it is some inconsistency on the store. I double checked all version numbers - both in the app and on AppStore and for many users the update just works as expected. Maybe the problem is going away once 18.3.6 gets available - which will be in approximately one week.

- Harald
Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

V18.3.5 update issue

Post by rscliofan »

I did ask them how you were supposed to control their site/software but got the usual brick wall answer.

Wasn't sure if it was down to my setup and if it was the same for others.

I wasn't asking for an upgrade!

I bought rookie, then upgraded via iap, then I've got the GP upgrade after the beta test and was wondering if it somehow interferes with the update. Although it's never been an issue before.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

From an AppStore point of view (updates in particular) LapTimer always remains the edition bought initially (i.e. Rookie for you).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Maybe others with update problems: which initial edition?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
kulbrand
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by kulbrand »

I am on GP edition vs 18.3.4 and have been wondering why .5 is not showing up? I have just assumed it was not available yet. When I go AppStore Updates the update doesn't even show up, with the other apps to be upgraded? Running IPhone 6 and IOS 8.0.2. Omar
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

I've tried on iPhone 4s, iPad mini, iPhone 5c and obviously iTunes on my laptop.

All devices run 7.1.2 and all are receiving app updates except HLT so I don't think it's device dependant.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

rscliofan wrote:Hi Harry, I know this was kind of covered on another thread but.

I spoke to Apple and they have said it's down to the developer not them to trouble shoot the none update issue.

I've tried deleting it out of iTunes then re downloading it in iTunes but syncing syncs the 18.3.4 off the device and overwrites 18.3.5 in iTunes back to 18.3.4

I don't want to go and start emailing all my settings back across and then deleting HLT off my device incase I get issues.

ALL my other apps are updating except this one and as I'm not the only one with this issue I don't believe it is something my end blocking it.

Unless it is due to iap from rookie to petrol head or the beta tester update to GP?
Don't sync after you download 18.3.5. If iTunes is set to automatically sync, turn it off.

The process that worked for me is to update all apps in iTunes, connect device to iTunes, sync, backup, disconnect, uninstall 18.3.4, install 18.3.5, connect to iTunes without syncing and restore from backup.

The reason you're not seeing updates is most likely that the App Store app thinks you've already updated. You can check this by going to Updates in the App Store app, switching to purchased and then All. Scroll down to the HLT app and look at the version listed. I'm betting that it's 18.3.5 even though you still have 18.3.4 installed. This is not a developer problem, much as Apple would like to convince you that it is so they don't actually have to do anything about it.
Qomomoko
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Qomomoko »

gplracerx wrote:
rscliofan wrote:Hi Harry, I know this was kind of covered on another thread but.

Don't sync after you download 18.3.5. If iTunes is set to automatically sync, turn it off.

The process that worked for me is to update all apps in iTunes, connect device to iTunes, sync, backup, disconnect, uninstall 18.3.4, install 18.3.5, connect to iTunes without syncing and restore from backup.

The reason you're not seeing updates is most likely that the App Store app thinks you've already updated. You can check this by going to Updates in the App Store app, switching to purchased and then All. Scroll down to the HLT app and look at the version listed. I'm betting that it's 18.3.5 even though you still have 18.3.4 installed. This is not a developer problem, much as Apple would like to convince you that it is so they don't actually have to do anything about it.
nice... hope when I am able to upgrade later today when at home to 18.3.5 i'll be able to overlay.
Originally had Petrol head about 4 months a go, upgraded to GP about a month ago (still says Petrol, but the add ons of GP i have, but not be able to get latest rev since 18.3.4)

Thanks for info
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Thanks but I'm just going to wait for the next version, I don't want to risk a restore and loosing iOS7.1.2