18.3.5 Apple IOS Download & wiped DB

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: 18.3.5 Apple IOS Download & wiped DB

Post by bulls23 »

I read about some issues on iOS 8.0.2 regarding update notifications. Apparently for some users it helps to log out of your iTunes account in the Settings and the log in again. For me it didn't help for update notifications...but suddenly my iTunes credit raised up to where it should be. To get to 18.3.5 I did a complete backup, deleted HLT, did a fresh install from App store and restored my data from the backup.
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

I've still not got the update and I'm still on 7.0.2

I'm sure it will show up eventually, I want to test the new obd feature.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Yes, seems to be not only on iOS8. Here's another workaround I read about:
Look up your Laptimer edition in the App store and tap the update button. Apparently the update button shows up even if the update notification doesn't show updates. On top it can make a difference if you use the update button in the search overview or the one in the full description of the App. Latter is supposed to be the better alternative.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I think I see a problem. I went to Updates/Purchased/All. In that list it says I already have 18.3.5. Of course when I open it, it's 18.3.4. I did turn on automatic updates and it's barely possible it's updating in the background.

Nope. Rebooted, killed app, etc. The app store still says I have 18.3.5 when I don't.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The About / Information dialog needs to show 18.3.5 and a built date Oct 5th 2014 - that's the latest version. I just loaded all three editions from AppStore. So it seems to be some inconsistency in AppStore's update mechanism... Maybe a topic fro Apple support.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Maybe a topic fro Apple support.
Not at $19.

I have two other iOS devices, an iPhone 4 and and iPod Touch 4g and they updated just fine. It looks like I'm going to have to do the backup and restore thing on the 4s.
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Ok so I forced and update by removing it from my device and got 18.3.5 but I then hooked it upto iTunes which downgraded me back to 18.3.4 !

Also if I delete it from iTunes and download 18.3.5 onto iTunes it syncs 18.3.4 onto iTunes and removes 18.3.5
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I had the opposite experience. The removal, install, restore worked perfectly. Did you make sure that all the apps in iTunes were up-to-date? Before you connect your mobile device, open library/apps/update and update all, if there are any apps listed. Then back up your device, disconnect, uninstall HLT, download HLT, check to see if it's the correct version, connect to iTunes and restore from backup. However, it seems that for this sort of problem, what works for one person may not work for everyone.
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Yes I verified it was 18.3.5 I can't do a backup restore as I'm on 7.1.2 and have no intention of EVER upgrading past it unless it's on a new device.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

rscliofan wrote:Yes I verified it was 18.3.5 I can't do a backup restore as I'm on 7.1.2 and have no intention of EVER upgrading past it unless it's on a new device.
Sure you can. Just pick restore from backup, not restore device. I'm running 7.1.2 and that didn't change. And don't Sync before you restore.