Data overlay starts after a big gap

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
peng007
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Data overlay starts after a big gap

Post by peng007 »

Hello Harry,

yesterday I did 2 laps with a short break between them on the Nordschleife.
The overlay on the first lap is ok. After doing the overlay on the second lap, it is counting the time but not the speed and the other stuff. The indicator on the map is not moving. Then shortly before Kallenhard, after 3 minutes and 14 second, the overlay shows the speed and all the data from beginn of the track (Tiergarten and so on).

Any ideas?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Data overlay starts after a big gap

Post by Harry »

Please check if the data for the second lap looks o.k. Try the data recordings area from Lap List -> Lap Details -> Data Recordings -> Preview and check the speed in Charts. If this looks o.k., please run a Check Data on Lap List (button in the bottom of the list) and try the overlay again.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
peng007
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by peng007 »

Hello Harry,

sorry, I was not at home for some days, so the late answer. Thanks for your fast reply.
So, I checked, with a reference lap and it looks like there is a small delay of half e second (well the reference was made with the newest version yesterday).
I did the "check data" (7 laps repaired) but there are so many. After the repair I did the overlay again, but still the same result.
It looks like somehow the video has a different timestamp than the recording.

Can I check something else?

Georg
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I doubt it is the video, frame timestamps etc. From what you write the data recordings misses a section or is corrupted. Please export the named lap to .hlptrl and send it to Harry@gps-laptimer.de Add a comment / link to this thread so I know what the export is about.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image