Petrol head problem with Overlays

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Morris
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Petrol head problem with Overlays

Post by Morris »

Using Petrolhead for the first weekend at the track it seemed to work fine for a few sessions even did an overlay or two. Then issues popped up, when I went back to the lap list to review the data from the run I just finished there were no laps on the lap list, but there is video from those runs in the video list.

Second item when I go to do an overlay I get a message that says Number of laps available for multi lap overlays reduced due to inconsistent sync points. Please adjust the laps sync point and agree to the adjust the full session.

I hit okay and get Master video ok overlay data available, processing lap #XX of the day reference PIP video not valid - excluded.

I was not using PIP and had no other camera connected.

I am using a galaxy S4

Any help is appreciated.

Morris
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Petrol head problem with Overlays

Post by Harry »

Hi,

As you seem to be able to get into overlay again, you have recorded a number of laps after losing the initial laps? The later are most probably available in a recovery backup, but I do not yet have a solution to reveal these on non-rooted devices... So please give some time here, we will probably be able to get them back.

On the Reference Video PiP: you can get rid of this warning by switching the "Reference Video" setting to OFF. In the Overlay Configuration, scroll a bit down to find this setting.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Morris
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Morris »

Okay so am I doing something wrong or is this just a glitch that is causing the problem? In either case how do I keep it from continuing to occur I don't want to loose the ability to overlay my laps in future sessions.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have not found the reason yet, this seems to happen when LapTimer is finished in a certain way.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image