MultiCam videos lost after power failure?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Hi Harry,

one of my iPhones, a 3GS, apparently did record video (it was shown on the master). But ultimately, at some point, lost power. Now, when I recharged it, it was empty. No videos at all. Settings/General/Usage shows 23 MB for Multicam.
I'm really a bit sad here, because we did some MultiCam experiments today, and had it mounted in... an "original" place.

Any Idea for the cause? It would be okay if the last lap before the battery went empty was shortened, or lost, but ALL of them?

Cheers
NRG
Now you're cookin'!
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

One of the main advices has always been to power plug your devices or else things like that will sadly happen. When recording at a track with a start/stop trigger you basically get one big video file and Laptimer / Multicam saves the syncing point. I guess that's the reason everything is lost.
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: MultiCam videos lost after power failure?

Post by NRGDEAD »

It was NordschleifeBTG, so there were separate start and stop triggers...
Well, I'll keep checking phones once in a while.

Having them plugged in would be nice, but we are using 4 iPhones for video at the moment, and might be using 5 next session.. ;-)
If only they allowed cameras on the outside of the car. I really love MultiCam. ;-)
Now you're cookin'!