Stop/Go POI for autocross.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
CivicSiRacer
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Stop/Go POI for autocross.

Post by CivicSiRacer »

Hello Harry - want to thank you for a great and inexpensive app.

Ran into a problem and hoping you could help me. The 1st time I tried to use the app at an autocross the timer didn't record anything. 2nd event was this past weekend and finally was able to get video and overlays using the TomTom for iPhone. I followed the instructions how to do a POI at the start and a POI at the finish.

Problem is my 1st run the timer started when I was about 20 feet from the start (there was a car in front of me at the start), so I didn't get that run recorded. 2nd run it did the same thing and then I manually pressed record but then the timer stopped recording about 100 feet from the finish. After that I reset the app to do a manual start/stop.

Is there a way to make the STOP/GO more accurate?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stop/Go POI for autocross.

Post by Harry »

Hi,

As you are 'standing' / 'stop / go' near the trigger, behavior is not reliable. One thing you can do is placing the trigger further into the track (losing some timing in the beginning). LapTimer v14, which is currently in beta, will feature a new trigger type, the so called 'standing start'. It was specifically designed for AX and should solve the situation.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
CivicSiRacer
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Stop/Go POI for autocross.

Post by CivicSiRacer »

Ah thanks for the reply.