Bug: extra rows of data in lap file

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
i-Zapp
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Bug: extra rows of data in lap file

Post by i-Zapp »

i recently returned to a track i've been to before, now armed with v18 HLT. Although my lap TIMES "seem" correct, none of the charts except for speed are correct. i've identified that there are errant rows of data at each of the laps for the new session. i've attached files for both a good lap (from last year) and bad.

Can this be salvaged - the track is 12 hours away and i wont be back till next year? would very much like to see how /where i've improved. :(
Attachments
HLTbadlaps.zip
(27.29 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug: extra rows of data in lap file

Post by Harry »

In the bad lap, there are two fixes belonging to a different session. This pattern can happen in case a crash occurred leaving GPS fixes but no lap has been recorded. Usually LapTimer purges records like this during the next restart, but that probably didn't happen for this lap. I'm not sure how the overall database looks like, but for an individual lap it is easiest to export that lap to .hlptrl, remove the 2 fixes, and import the result again. In case you get that effect for many laps, a different approach needs to be chosen. Just let me know if you want me to check all your laps (which requires you send either your databases or a full .hlptrl export.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
i-Zapp
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Bug: extra rows of data in lap file

Post by i-Zapp »

all my laps are affected.

of the CSV files i've inspected there are an inconsistent number of errant fixes in each file. I did confirm that the datestamps from those errant fixes belong to the last session from last year at the other race track, and that the last few laps from that session are erroneous and will not display - it would appear that the HLT crashed at that time and i never inpsected those laps to notice. interesting that the issue should persist and carry over to a subsequent session even after numerous months, program open/closes, and iPhone restarts. (doesnt the buffer or cache get purged?, where did the old data come from?....)

the frustrating issue here is that troubleshooting and correcting while at the track is difficult at best. i like to use HLT to inpsect laps BETWEEN sessions and not after the fact while at home. Is there a way to prevent this from occurring?

i will be sending you the db files later today for repair. sorry for the trouble, thanks for the support.