problem with Send function to share laps

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
i-Zapp
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

problem with Send function to share laps

Post by i-Zapp »

From the lap-list, I am trying to send a lap to another device, and it searches and searches but does not locate any nearby - although there are an iphone and ipad both laying right next to the sending iphone. all three are running v18 of HLT, and have Bluetooth turned on. tried sending from each, tried cycling Bluetooth on/off, and verified that Bluetooth works on each. Any suggestions? We'll have 4 bikes running this coming weekend and very eager to begin sharing!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: problem with Send function to share laps

Post by Harry »

This is due to the BT issue in iOS7.x You may try the new Challenge function to share your data. Just select the best lap you want to shear and press the Challenge button in Lap Details.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
i-Zapp
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by i-Zapp »

Harry wrote:This is due to the BT issue in iOS7.x You may try the new Challenge function to share your data. Just select the best lap you want to share and press the Challenge button in Lap Details
many of the tracks we visit don't have wifi so would not be able to compare laps after each track session.

does this mean that the feature is effectively dead, or is there a workaround or fix in the works?

thanks Harry.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You don't need wifi, this can be any internet connection (on track usually a mobile network). I didn't find the time to look after the D2D transfer lately but will raise priority now that iOS7.1 is out.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image