Video and data not in sync

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
MrScott
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Video and data not in sync

Post by MrScott »

I manually select video, then press the record button. Video records well and overlay works but the overlaid data (speed, g-force, etc.) is approximately 30 seconds behind the video. I'll be stopped and it will show me at 50mph for a bit. I'm running it on an iphone4 with no other apps running. I notice also the iphone gets hot while recording.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Video and data not in sync

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Please check if you can reproduce the 30secs, that is a lot. Version 14.0 will have a setting to adjust this a bit, but not for 30secs... Recording videos requires a lot of computing power, this is the reason the iPhone gets warm / hot.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrScott
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MrScott »

I tried it again and this time instead of stopping the recording by pressing the record button I pressed the X on the top right.
Now speed is zero for the whole drive and g-force doesn't change (although it's not zero.)

I am almost certain speed and g-force were shown on the overlay while I was driving, but the phone is mounted where it's difficult to see, so I may be wrong.

EDIT: I tested again. This time I stopped the recording with the "record" button and quickly clicked the X on the top right -- video seems matched with data now. Could it be the out-of-sync delay is related to the time between stopping the recording and clicking X ? What is the proper way to manually start/stop recording?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Using the Close button should stop video recording and manual time taking. Pressing the top left button should start / stop manual timing / video recording. I will test both of this next week, I'm currently on a ship making it difficult to test :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image