Missed start-stop trigger, two laps show up as one

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
arnemeyer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by arnemeyer »

(Sorry if this has come up before, I went through a bunch of pages in the forums and google searches and couldn't find anything handy.)

In two instances today, HLT missed the trigger for the finish line, so two individual laps are now merged as one (instead of 2 laps @ ~2:00, I have 1 lap @ ~4:00). I'm presuming I can just export the .hlptrl file, fix it and reimport it into HLT.

Is that correct and are there any issues I should look out for? How about making sure the video reference lines up?
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Missed start-stop trigger, two laps show up as one

Post by NRGDEAD »

We have similar issues on NordschleifeBTG. Passing the finish line sometimes does not stop the lap.

We use iPhone 5 and 5s models as the master device, with XGPS-150 and GoPoint BT1, as well as 0 to 3 MultiCam devices.
I haven't changed trigger detection.

We will be at the Nürburgring tomorrow, so a quick tip would be much appreciated, Harry. ;-)
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There is nothing but the item listed here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2 :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Yeah, I'll check up on that for the next trip.. Mine worked rather fine this time, but buddy's didn't.
XGPS is mounted under the roof, with good signal, but we'll be moving it to the dashboard once we have a solution for keeping it stable yet removable...
Now you're cookin'!
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Under the roof doesn't sound good at all...while it might have a good signal standing still, that will change completely once driving. You should really go for a mounting position on the dashboard.
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

I agree. Even though the Apps signaled good to very good reception. But let's not waste potential. ;-)
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That's very interesting. I doubt the GPS received direct signals at all when installed under the roof. Maybe some reflections that made it work... The car's body is building a Faraday cage anyway, so it is extremely important to position the sensor in a place it outside (windscreen is "nearly" outside :-) ). This is definitively the reason it didn't work!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
srf058
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by srf058 »

Sorry to jump in late on this thread but I am having the same problem.

I am using an iPhone 5 ver 7.1.1 (11DD21) HLT v18.0.22 and a Dual XGPS150.

My car is an open cockpit and I have the dual attached to one of the rear view mirrors with an unobstructed view of the sky.

Last weekend we had a 40 min race at Portland International Raceway. Everything went well until about 22 minutes into the race (14/15 laps) the trigger for the S/F didn't start a new lap. The S/F is on the main straight and not obscured by buildings, trees, etc.

Is there a way to figure out what was going on and try to correct it for the future?

Any help much appreciated.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You may export the "multi lap" to .hlptrl and send it to me. As an alternative, simply export the lap to .kml and check it in Google Earth. Usually you will see if either trigger position can be improved or if you simply had a drop out in GPS accuracy.

The upcoming version 18.1 will have an option to split multi laps "after the fact".

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

While my buddy was lapping, I noticed that GPS signal was indeed poor to not there at times, wich explains a lot. I moved the XGPS to a hopefully better (but still not optimal) position and will keep an eye on that.

Speaking of positions, anyone has a better mount for the XGPS than the rubber mat? Since I somehow lost my mat, too. ;-) Looking for something sturdy but still easy removable for charging.
Now you're cookin'!