Laptimer Gran Prix app issue

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
vmoutsop
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Laptimer Gran Prix app issue

Post by vmoutsop »

I require some assistance, I purchased the Gran Prix app on October 14, 2013 and for some reason I cannot backup the app when I back up the phone and the app does not show up on my iTunes purchase history so my desktop iTunes won't back it up either. I'm not sure how to deal with this.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laptimer Gran Prix app issue

Post by Harry »

In case you have videos stored in LapTimer's sandbox (you see them in Video List / LapTimer Recordings), the LapTimer backup can take very long. I'm not aware of any LapTimer specific setting to not backup LapTimer. As an alternative, please export your laps to .hlptrl format. This file includes all data (except raw videos). As the backup is a pure Apple iTunes thing, you may check with Apple support too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

vmoutsop wrote:I require some assistance, I purchased the Gran Prix app on October 14, 2013 and for some reason I cannot backup the app when I back up the phone and the app does not show up on my iTunes purchase history so my desktop iTunes won't back it up either. I'm not sure how to deal with this.
Sounds like you bought Laptimer with another Apple ID than you are using while backing up, else it would definetely show up on the purchases list. Do you get warning messages in iTunes or does it ask for another ID / password while backing up? At least, that's what it does for me when using different Apple accounts on one phone.
vmoutsop
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by vmoutsop »

I have only one apple device with one account so I don't think this is the case. The only error message I get is that the computer is not authorized and if I try to authorize the computer it still doesn't work.

I have two days of raw track video that I haven't exported or done anything with yet. I really haven't had time to spend on the app.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case you have enough space available on your device, you may move the video from LapTimer's recording to the Photo app. The next backup will save your footage even without LapTimer being backup-ed. The data can be saved using the export as written above. To move videos from LapTimer to the Photo app (without loosing syncs or anything) is done in Video Details. To do that, please select any lap belonging to the video, select the video preview, and use the "Move" button with the Flower (old iPhoto icon). Repeat for any lap referencing the other session video.

For the rest: please try Apple support, backup is what is provided by the OS, not the app.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
vmoutsop
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by vmoutsop »

I appreciate the help, at least I can back up the video and data and then figure things out with Apple support.

Thank you for your assistance.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I forgot to give the background on "In case you have enough space available": to move a video into the Photo app, the video is actually copied and deleted. So while the copy is ongoing, you need enough space on your iPhone to handle this temporary copy. Once the copy is done, the original video is deleted.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Qomomoko
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Qomomoko »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyxLD1WvwlU[/youtube]

Not sure where else to post this without a new thread which might be excessive.

I just up graded to Grand Prix and awesome.

Above is a Pic in Pic for two camera in same session. Thanks Harry.

two issues though are..

iPhone 4s used to take data down and also to make lean angle more accurate.
data exported to ipad air for overlay.
ref video (session 2 aug 23) and pic in pic video (sep 21) are in raw forms in ipad air.
only data in ipad air are for the sessions mentioned above.
1) Was not able to make a ref video(ghost video) along with the pic in pic. The option in overlay for ref vid is on.
2) tried using "recalcutate->Acceleration" in ipad air and program closed. Recalculation/acceleration Worked in iphone 4s.
in ipad air, in overlay window, reference option was on (all options where on in overlay)

Thanks harry and also thanks for all the work with the bugs of iOS8

both ipadair and iphone are in previous iOS version (NOT 8) and HLT is in version 18.3

Data and email sent to you.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

1) Please check if you see the correct reference lap information in the lap's details you are overlaying. Reference lap selection is sometimes difficult, especially if using different vehicles etc.
2) Please try again once v18.3.4 is available. There have been several issues with pop up dialog on iPads.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Qomomoko
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Qomomoko »

Harry wrote:1) Please check if you see the correct reference lap information in the lap's details you are overlaying. Reference lap selection is sometimes difficult, especially if using different vehicles etc.
2) Please try again once v18.3.4 is available. There have been several issues with pop up dialog on iPads.

- Harry
Just got a Pop up.. Reference video overlays is available for single laps only!!

LOL .. sorry for confusion..

was able to overlap pic n pic plus reference for lap 2 of a session with 4 laps. Awesome program Harry!!

Is it possible to overlay pic n pic for laps 1 , ,3,4, and do pic n pic plus reference for lap 2 or even all of them with a reference video?