Fixed issue with no track map on overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Fixed issue with no track map on overlay

Post by karacticus »

Was at Road America this weekend :)

http://youtu.be/uNKjS15GveM

Video synch still needs some work.

First time I attempted to overlay the video, I didn't get the track map on the overlay, just the green dot.

The overlay was done on my iPad after mailing an export over from the iPhone and pulling the GoPro video in via the Apple Camera Connector kit.

On a guess, I reloaded the track data for Road America, and re-did the overlay. That fixed the problem.

When refreshing the track data, it said the track was already loaded, but perhaps the process of brining over the track definition via the lap data export isn't sufficient to support the video overlay-- more than likely, the track definition had not been downloaded direct to the iPad.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fixed issue with no track map on overlay

Post by Harry »

In case no shape appears it is either the path covered by the plot is ill formed (e.g. one fix far off), or it is about the track set definition. The area shown is made by a union from track set area and lap area. So it is well possible there has been an issue with the track set (especially if the lap shape worked afterwards).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fixed issue with no track map on overlay

Post by Harry »

P.S. Great video, I like the camera perspective :-)
Image Image Image Image