Crash When Accessing Lap Charts

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Crash When Accessing Lap Charts

Post by tulloch »

I recorded my drive home from work today and cannot access the charts for the "lap" HLT crashes on tapping the "Charts" tab. Unfortunately, after synching the device there is no crash log on the PC.
I followed the approx. 35 minute "lap" with a short one of under 10 minutes. Same crash happens with that one.
I'm using the latest Grand Prix edition.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash When Accessing Lap Charts

Post by Harry »

No crash logs usually means memory shortage. Please reboot your phone to check if that is the reason for the crashes.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Same behaviour after re-boot.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

On the crash logs: have you synced your iPhone with iTunes? As an alternative, you may export the long lap to .hlptrl and send it by email. Maybe there is some data inconsistency visible...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Yes, has been synchronised. I'll send the hlptrl.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Same crashes for me. I've been having those on iOS 6 and 7. I'm now at a point where I can reproduce the crash and I also get crash logs. For me it only happens with laps of the Nordschleife logged with the VBOX Sport. If i swipe the charts quichly the App crashes. It's as if there are too many GPS fixes and the charts too bug because of the lap time of around 9 minutes. I will send the crash logs when I sync my phone back at the office.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I had a similar problem with the charts this weekend. I could get up to the overall acceleration chart, but when I try to go to the next one, it crashes. This is for a 50 second autocross run recorded using an XGPS160. I do see crash logs. I'll send them.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks bulls23 and gplracerx for sending the crash logs. The crash occurs for the Yaw Rate Chart when data has been sampled at update rates higher than 10 Hz (which included the VBOX...). I will add this to the next bug fix release.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MatthewS
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MatthewS »

Hey Harry,
I'm experiencing the same problem and I'm glad the cause has been identified. Is it possible to provide an approximate release date for the bug fix? It'd be nice to be able to view the OBDII graphs without it crashing.

Much thanks!
Matt
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Wanted to submit it today but it is too late already. Will do it tomorrow morning. Apple approved the last update within 2 days.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image