Upgrade Problems Petrlhead - GrandPrix

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
flummy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Upgrade Problems Petrlhead - GrandPrix

Post by flummy »

Hello,

at first sorry for my English. I don`t use it so often, so i`m sure i use thousands of wrong words or grama in my sentences. Please feel free to ask me again, when you don´t understand something.

Before i describe my Problem i've to praise Harry and his Laptimer. I´m one of the guys who have a big problem to pay 8-10 or more Eur for one app. But not in this case. It is an great ( wonderfull, perfekt put own words which mean great or better ;) ) app. You don´t sell only your product like other programmer, you take care on your "users". You still update the software and put new function which are good. Or you take wishes from your users an try to enable them in your app. If i had more, i would do it, but for a normal person i can only put two thumbs up ;))

Now i try to describe my Problem. At first my "configuration"

Daily Using: iPhone 4 ( in this posting i4 )
Laptimer Using: iPhone 3GS with GNS 5870 MFI ( in this posting i3 )
Using to watch videos, compare laps.... (rarely): iPad 3
Additional buy and not tried on track already: GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition

The upper configuration works very fine, when i was on the track: Take the time (i3) , transfer the results to iPad or iPhne (i4).

To complete my configuration with the possibility to control the GoPro i´ve upgraded the petrolhead to grand prix edition and checked the functionality ( it works fine !). Unfortunately i tried the configuration on the i4 and updated the pertrolhead to GrandPrix on the i4 and not on my laptimer iPhone i3. I didn´t know, thats maybe would be a problem, because i bought the petrolhead version and used it already on all three devices.
So i want to prepare my whole stuff for the next track days of course using the gopro also. When i try to configure the gopro on the laptimer iPhone (i3) i got the
announcement that i`ve to upgrade the version. When i go to the upgrade i`ve the possibility to upgrade it and when i go on it, the message with the price of upgrade is comming again.
My questions:
Is it not possible to upgrade the version on multiple devices ?
otherwise
Is there an option to cut of this mistake and use the grand prix version on the laptimer iPhone ?

I would be very happe for any kind of ideas to solve the problem.
Thanks in advance

Greetings
Andreas

p.s. If this posting is sendet twice ( one from this night and this one ) please delete one of them. I`ve sent it from the mobile network and was not sure if it is sent correctly, becauso i can´t find the posting again.
---------------------------------------------
Sorry for my not perfect english
Native language is German ;)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade Problems Petrlhead - GrandPrix

Post by Harry »

Hi Andreas,

You can repeat installs of both LapTimer editions purchased, and of LapTimer in app purchases without being charged again. The iOS dialog is a bit misleading, you will get the information you have not been charged again later in the process. Please take care you go through the same app and upgrade loads like you did initially (so in case you bought Petrolhead and upgraded to GP, follow exactly that pattern for a second device).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
flummy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by flummy »

Hey Harry,

thanks for your quick response.

After i send the second thread again, i`ve found some other threads with the same problem but different description / headline, so it was more difficult to find it.

I´ll check it on my laptimer iphone and give a sound (or in this case, a posting ;) ) if something is going wrong.

Thanks
Greetings
Andreas

p.s. Why or better how long is it neccessary that my posting (thread or reply) have to be approved before shown for everybody ?

Edit says: OK just the first posting ;)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, just for the first one. The forum receives tons of spam postings from "new users" otherwise.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
flummy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by flummy »

OK i know this problems with my old forum.

Another issue what I have now, but this is completely off topic so I try to find the topic where this issue is correct placed.

Greetings
Andreas