Multicam issue

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Multicam issue

Post by rscliofan »

Hi Harry, I used multicam on Friday for the first time. On a couple of occasions HLT would not detect the multicam. after digging around i found it had self turned off the discover multicam option. This happened on 3 occasions but detected it as soon as I turned on the setting once again.

Just thought I'd mentioned it.
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Multicam issue

Post by karacticus »

I believe I managed to do something similar to myself by starting HLT with bluetooth disabled. If I recall correctly, dialog boxes came up, but I wasn't sure what they meant.

I learned...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

That is actually a "works as designed". When BT is turned off, MultiCam operation does not work. In consequence, MultiCam is turned off to give the user an indication it will not work. It is not possible for an app to turn BT on on itself (e.g. when switching MultiCam on), so I thought it is better to prompt the user BT needs to be turned on. Please note it is not even possible to check whether BT is on or off from within an app for iPhones before 4S (i.e. 3GS and 4).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Ok Harry, BT was on but I was using roqyBT4 so it must not have been detecting it.

Thanks for the reply and hopefully this post will provide useful info to other too.

PIP is a cracking feature.
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

It would be cool to have MultiCam detection always on if possible. We are fiddeling with two to three master iPhones and have to turn BT off and on quite a lot when switching drivers, for re-pairing with XGPS and BT1.. ;-)
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I had it like this in the beginning but found out this is simply not possible. Whenever you search for other BT devices, any other traffic is nearly blocked. So if you regularly poll new / changed devices, you will get massive drop outs for GPS and OBD BT devices. But a tip: LapTimer searches for changed MultiCam devices every time you open the video view. So just close it and bring it up again to force a connect.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

I meant the button "Discover MultiCams" is off when I turned Bluetooth off. So I have to switch it back on a lot. I'm totally fine with having the actual detection happen when video view is opened. :-)
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., will check that.
Image Image Image Image