No route trace on video

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

No route trace on video

Post by tulloch »

I recorded a video of just over one hour yesterday and when viewing found that there is no route trace on the vid, just a green dot where it should be. All other display data are correct as is the kml export when viewed in Google Earth. So all the data appear to be there but not displayed on the video.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No route trace on video

Post by Harry »

LapTimer scales the map so that all fixes recorded are visible. In case you have one or more "problem" fixes included in the recording, the actual track can get extremely small so you see the green dot only. Example: your recording covers a track in Northern America. For whatever reason, one faulty position (e.g. in the middle of Africa) made it into the recording. LapTimer will scale the map so both the track and the fix in Africa are visible, resulting in the effect described. The easiest way to find this fixes is exporting it to .csv Once you know where it is, export your lap to .hlptrl, remove the complete fix, and import it to LapTimer again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Would the rogue fix show up on Google Earth? What you say makes sense but I can't see anything unusual in the CSV.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, will show up in Google Earth too. In case you want me to have a look into it, send the csv/kml/hlptrl to me (Harry@gps-laptimer.de).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Ok, thanks will do. Don't have the hlptrl file available right now but can generate that tonight if need be. Will send the other two just now.
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Did you get the hlptrl file that I sent? There's problems with Yahoo imap mail at present so I'm never sure if it has really been sent.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, received it. Please give me some time, I'm abroad currently.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Just checked it using a 2 minute raw video and could reproduce then effect. Although the recording is huge (56 minutes), it should actually work. Need to run it through the debugger however, so as mentioned above, need some time.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Ok, thanks. There's no hurry, just thought I better check due the mail issues I'm having. I've recorded many long videos before and the trace has been fine.
BTW, you're always "abroad" :lol:
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by karacticus »

I'm having a similar problem with video overlays at Grattan Raceway. No track trace, just the green dot. I also checked the .csv for both one of my laps and the track definition, and don't see anything that should have result pedal in a track image scaling issue. Can send a lap export if needed.