Speed Chart within Lap Details

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
escottc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Speed Chart within Lap Details

Post by escottc »

Please check that again.
What should I be checking? Sorry to ask.

I'm beginning to think I should just restart everything, along with connections, since it only occurs on the Speed using the XGPX150.
one OBD fix had a wrong wheel speed,
What was the speed?

Thank you for your patience.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

escottc wrote:
Please check that again.
What should I be checking? Sorry to ask.
Please check the statement "this occurs for each lap you recorded using the XGPS". In case this is really the case, I will check what the pattern is. In case is happens intermittent, I'd suggest to forget about individual wrong points.
escottc wrote: I'm beginning to think I should just restart everything, along with connections, since it only occurs on the Speed using the XGPX150.
one OBD fix had a wrong wheel speed,
What was the speed?
Please revisit my post showing the wrong data: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1373&start=0#p6744
You can see while GPS speed has been 1.6 km/h, OBD speed showed 6552.0 km/h.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
escottc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by escottc »

Thanks and sorry.
escottc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by escottc »

I've decided to just return the Amazon XGPS150A I purchases and ordered the one you've listed on your website via PayPal. Hope that does the trick in both fixing the 4000 mph listings for speed chart (doubtful since it was coming from the ODB) as well as the limited 4Hz I was getting. Thanks for your help and time earlier. Also, sorry for my incompetence earlier.
Girvamonkey
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Girvamonkey »

Hi Harry,

I'm also having the same problem with the BT1 ODB speed readout occasionally spiking up to 6000+ (it appears that it is confusing RPM value for speed?!) and I am using the Dual XGPS 150 as well.

It seems to be happening almost every lap, but not always. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? I was looking at the expert settings relating to the ODB but am not sure if changing those values would help??

Oh, the vehicle is a 2009 BMW 135i. I know there have been issues with BMW ODB... Anyway, any ideas how to fix this? :)

Thanks!
Attachments
ODB speed values corrupted
ODB speed values corrupted
photo 1.PNG (121.09 KiB) Viewed 1771 times
ODB and XGPS 150 working properly...
ODB and XGPS 150 working properly...
photo 2.PNG (117.65 KiB) Viewed 1771 times
ShayneThill
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ShayneThill »

escottc wrote:Thanks Harry. A few more questions:

1. How to import .hlptrz files to Laptimer...DropBox, iCloud? and if I load it to Laptimer will that fix the problem?

2. Could my GoPoint ODB reader be defective?

3. Is there a way to to prevent this from happening?

4. I hope by "transmission error" you mean the radio signal of the devices and not my car's. I'm sure you meant signal, but just wanted to make sure. : )

- Scott
You should know that some of the "transmission error" caused by wireless jammer instead of radio signal itself.