video recording will not stop

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
mmason3122
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

video recording will not stop

Post by mmason3122 »

I was using laptimer this past weekend and recording video, but i I could not get the video to stop, I would touch the red button in the upper left hand corner but no response, any suggestions?
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: video recording will not stop

Post by bulls23 »

Actually the red button is to start recording...you then get a big grey / green button in the middle of the screen to stop recording.
Jack.Bauer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Jack.Bauer »

Can I somehow hide this big, fat, green button? It sort of annoys me while recording.

Thanks,
Jack
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well, actually I have received a lot of applause when I introduced it instead of the small button LT had before. You need to look at the street anyway ;-) Currently it is not possible to remove it. This will most probably change in the next major release - when video recording becomes a background process.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Jack.Bauer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Jack.Bauer »

Oh well, it really annoys me - and any passenger who wants to see the picture.

And yes - I do look at the road when I'm driving. This cannot be the real reason, because what's the difference to any page with the current data on it? There is no big green button in the middle of it. And there's a lot more data on it to process for a drivers little brain than just to see if the picture's alright...

How about putting the button somewhere out of the middle, just a little smaller. Or any chance for a setup option, if you dont want to put it somewhere else?

You say "with the next major release". When's tha gonna be?

Thanks a lot,
Jack
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Major releases are typically twice a year, so most probably Autumn. The plan is to have today's video view to control the field of view only. While driving, you will watch the Timer or other view - with only a very small life view to signal video is recording in background. Please don't ask more details, I don't have them so far :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image