Grand prix and icloud.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Grand prix and icloud.

Post by hms »

Harry,
Iipone 4s latest ios hlt grand prix.
I have noticed that the icloud options, backing up from the phone to icloud will only work with RAW video files, and if you have already overlaid then you have to 'revert' the file back to RAW before you can send to icloud.
Also to send the RAW video from the phone to icloud it had to turn off the autosend function.
Is it possible to autosend from single phone, not multicam, to icloud, without xhaving to alter settings? I will forget a setting has changed and wonder later why it's not working.
Regards
H
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Grand prix and icloud.

Post by Harry »

The move directions are not restricted by the video type (raw or overlaid), but by the place the video is stored to. Here are the moves possible:

- MultiCam iCloud -> LapTimer Recordings
- LapTimer Recordings -> MultiCam iCloud
- LapTimer Recordings -> Photo Library (aka Camera Roll)

As overlaid videos go to the Photo Library, you can't move them around.

On the settings: as long as Auto Receive Videos is enabled, it makes no sense to move anything to the iCloud. Actually you should get an error message displayed in this case.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Harry,
This was with single camera, not multicam, I wanted to move them off the phone as i do not have enough room to overlay another lap.
As noted, if the lap is overlaid i cannot move to icloud, if i revert to RAW then I can, which would seem to tally with your post above.
H
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Reverting actually only changes the active links between laps and videos. It does not change or move videos at all. So this the the life cycle and linking:

Lap -> RAW in LapTimer Recordings

OVERLAY

Lap -> OVERLAID in Photo Library (RAW still in LapTimer Recordings)

REVERT

Lap -> RAW in LapTimer Recordings (OVERLAID still in Photo Library)

So you can move the RAW videos to the cloud (either from Lap Details or Video List) at any time, but never the OVERLAID ones.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Thanks Harry