Multicam with additional iphone.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Multicam with additional iphone.

Post by hms »

Harry, set up as follows:
Master iphone 4s latest ios
Multicam iphone 3gs with latest ios.
Can get both master and slave recording.
Slave phone also records and shows video in recording list.
Both systems set up to use icloud.

Recording list on slave shows file, click on right arrow to file properties, scroll down to show video.
buttons underneath
Delete, understand that.
Cloud < Unload. Does this UPLOAD the file to Icloud? if so, it is not intuitive. We read left to right so should teis be UPLOAD > cloud
Cloud > Iphone logo Move, suppose this is to download from icloud?

I have used the centre 'unload' button to move the file to icloud, the file shows in icloud, but the master shows pip offline, opening file properties there is no option to download from icloud.
I do not want to click the overlay button and have the file run without the pip being overlaid.
What am I missing Harry?

Just checking to see what I have missed on the master phone, storage and backup , icloud backup is off. Should this be on?
I have set the backup to only use Contacts, Photostream, Documents and data, and being told there is not enough room on Icloud to back up. I don't really want to use icloud for anything other than HLT and Contacts, everything else I want to back up on my PC.
h
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Multicam with additional iphone.

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The video documentation has a full description of all the load functions in section "Maintaining Video Data" included. So for the full story, please check http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf

On Unload and Move: LapTimer has several location it can store videos in. Raw videos go to "LapTimer Recordings" which is simply the app's documents area "on its hard disk". In case you have enabled iCloud, your iPhone features another location videos can be stored in. This location is your "hard disk" again - although a different directory. The difference is, this location in your iPhone's memory is synchronized to Apple's cloud in addition. So in case you move a video from "LapTimer Recordings" to "iCloud", the (raw) video is moved within your iPhone's memory first. Next, your iPhone will start to copy this video to the cloud in addition. But the video is still on your iPhone - consuming space. By pressing Unload, the local copy of the video is remove - the remote copy remains unchanged. You can move the video back from iCloud to LapTimer Recordings too: this the seconds type of move - from iCloud to LapTimer Recordings. It is no download as the video is completely removed from iCloud (both locally and remotely).

That's all a bit complicated - but actually just like moving files between a local device and a file server.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Sorry, forgot the second item. What exactly do you see when selecting the "OFFLINE VIDEO"? Can you send a snapshot of this?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Harry,
in lap list, vidoe, master shows the opening frame of the video, underneath you have Picture in Picture, with a circle containing a question mark, to the left is a frame with the words OFFLINE and a cinecamera graphic. Underneath is type Raw Videos.
Not sure how to send a snapshot!

Had both phones on and running all morning and one lap now shows video for Master and Picture in Picture, although when I press Overlay I get dumped out to the homescreen! Tried several times and it's happened each time.

I also noticed whilst recording that sometimes there was a graphic on the right of the screen, iphone outline and flashing red dot. That wwas not there all of the time, should it be? I assume it's notification that the slave camera, iphone, is recording.
I'll have yet another read through the video to try and get a better understanding!
Regards
Howard
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by xps911 »

to take a screenshot on iphone, press the home button and lock button together
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

hms wrote:Harry,
in lap list, vidoe, master shows the opening frame of the video, underneath you have Picture in Picture, with a circle containing a question mark, to the left is a frame with the words OFFLINE and a cinecamera graphic. Underneath is type Raw Videos.
Not sure how to send a snapshot!
Please press the OFFLINE video and let me know what you see. In addition, a snapshot of the Lap Details view (Master and PiP) would be helpful.
hms wrote:I also noticed whilst recording that sometimes there was a graphic on the right of the screen, iphone outline and flashing red dot. That wwas not there all of the time, should it be? I assume it's notification that the slave camera, iphone, is recording.
I'll have yet another read through the video to try and get a better understanding!
Yes, that's a placeholder for the live stream. As live streaming requires full BT bandwidth, it is turned off while lapping. As long as the placeholder is presented, your satellite MultiCam is recording. Same for the GoPro by the way (but with both a flashing red and blue led).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

xps911 wrote:to take a screenshot on iphone, press the home button and lock button together
Thanks xps911
I'll give it a go!
h

hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to tech!
So yesterday, I deleted the test laps and started again.
Video on the slave iphone uploaded to the cloud so is not on phone.
Both phones have icloud photostream off and docs and data on.
Both phones have use icloud and auto send/auto receive set to on.

If I look at icloud on ipad I see
Lap timer rookie
4.8 gb free

Multicam capture 20130406-183628.mov 115.6mb (old stuff)
Multicam capture 20130408-180238.mov 98.2mb

On the multicam iphone
Multicam icloud
Offline 00:00:00 98 mb. 18-06 8 Apr

File properties
Date 8 apr
Time 18.06.26
Duration unknown
Source multicam camera
Location remote
Size 98 mb
Video box has offline logo

Lap list on the master iphone sows
Video
Master shows still of video
Picture in picture shows offline
Type Raw video

Clicking on the right arrow on the pip logo you get
File properties
Date unknown
Time unknown
Duration unknown
Source multicam
Location remote
Size unknown
Video shows offline graphic.

Hope this helps harry, track day on friday, so no pressure!

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

hms wrote: Clicking on the right arrow on the pip logo you get
File properties
Date unknown
Time unknown
Duration unknown
Source multicam
Location remote
Size unknown
Video shows offline graphic.
That means the video is in the cloud but not downloaded to your master device. I believe the same situation as before. Do you see any button on the bottom of this view? Which ones?

To make sure everything is fine with iCloud:
iOS ‣ Settings app ‣ iCloud ‣ check you use the same account on both master and slave
iOS ‣ Settings app ‣ iCloud ‣ Documents & Data iOS ‣ check it is ON

In addition: is your master device connected to a wifi? As you can see from the above settings "Use Cellular Data" is OFF by default. Actually this is a very good idea as videos are so big - but it certainly requires you do have a connection to an Internet enabled wifi.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Connected to wifi in office.
Just opened up again and pip holder now shows video.
File properties now show it as local.
I have now started overlay.
Seems that icloud is slow to synchronise!
Obviously I'm not patient enough!
Now will run overlay

Overlay failed and kicked me out to home screen.
Trying again
Got to 91% and kicked me out to home screen again.
Master phone has: 28gb capacity with 9.1gb free.
h