MultiCam problem with iCloud

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Chris.fox@seznam.cz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

MultiCam problem with iCloud

Post by Chris.fox@seznam.cz »

v17 is just great !

I have just upgraded to Grand Prix and today Ihave made nice video from Most
http://youtu.be/cvFuSFuwz8k

Everything works fine, just I cannot send second video taken by second Iphone to iCloud
and on master iPhone I cannot downlod first video from iCloud

I have red your videochapter documentation 3 times, but please explain it step by step, what should be done on each iPhone

Thank you very much

Chris
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MultiCam problem with iCloud

Post by Harry »

I will add some more how-to sections to the video documentation tomorrow:
http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf

To get videos transferred through iCloud:
  • Connect both devices to your iCloud account (it is in your iPhone's Settings app)
  • In LapTimer ‣ Settings ‣ iCloud, tick "Use iCloud" and "Auto Receive Videos"
  • In MultiCam ‣ Settings, tick "use iCloud" and "Auto Send Videos"
  • Connect both devices to an Internet connected Wifi (otherwise iCloud will not start synchronizing)
  • Wait (iCloud synchronizes when it thinks it is a good time to do so)
Blue items are the default and should be like this if you have not changed something already.

To check the status, have a look into the LapTimer's Video List ‣ MultiCam iCloud.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
antraasa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by antraasa »

I am having a similar challenge with iCloud. I have a second iPhone I'm using as the multicam 3S. My master is a 4S iPhone. Both are updated with mediacam, HLT GP and latest ios. I made a video and it showed as "working" properly during taping on both phones (master controled multicam perfectly using bluetooth). I can see it on the 3S taping and being controled by the master.

The issue: when I go to lap list, latp details and select edit...then select "+ add video"...it says my "iCloud is disabled currently" in HLT.

I've already set up iCloud and went through every (perhaps not every) setting in both HLT and iCloud. I too read the HLT video doc a few times. I have auto send/receive on both phones. The 3S shows it has is connected to iCloud and seems to have sent the video. The 4S shows I've sync'd 2.4GB to iCloud (other stuff). I waited...and also did a manual "back up now" to check that data wa there. I can put in "another" video from my current video list into the master video as weel. I just can't get the 3S multicam video to show up on my 4S master video lap list....

I have photo stream "on" on both phones in settings. I do not have docs and data checked as "on" since it's too much info and I use the 4S for work and don't want email in the cloud...could this be the issue (it's treating the video as data)?

I'm sure I'm missing something....

Also, sure wish where was a way to do this via bluetooth between the phones - especially since I won't have wifi at the track.

Your assistance is appreciated!
Chris.fox@seznam.cz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Chris.fox@seznam.cz »

one more issue, I cannot switch on the front camera on my 3GS, there is an option but it is grey (disabled)
I would use the rear camera, but I have a problém with mounting it properly
Thank you
Chris
antraasa
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by antraasa »

Chris...there is no front camera on a 3GS...only 4+.

Andy
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Chris.fox@seznam.cz wrote:one more issue, I cannot switch on the front camera on my 3GS, there is an option but it is grey (disabled)
I would use the rear camera, but I have a problém with mounting it properly
Thank you
Chris
Yes, needed to check this in the archives - the 3GS has no front cam. That's the reason the option is grayed out.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

antraasa wrote:I have photo stream "on" on both phones in settings. I do not have docs and data checked as "on" since it's too much info and I use the 4S for work and don't want email in the cloud...could this be the issue (it's treating the video as data)?
Documents & Data needs to be turned on in the iCloud settings. I assume this is the reason LapTimer reports you need to enable iCloud. As soon as an app stores data to the cloud, you will be able to see that in iOS's Settings. Contact information is not stored here to my knowledge.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

antraasa wrote:Also, sure wish where was a way to do this via bluetooth between the phones - especially since I won't have wifi at the track.
I forgot to answer this one. I had a Bluetooth transfer implemented to allow a local transfer (instead of iCloud requiring broadband Internet access). Oddly, it is so slow for the huge amounts of data I decided to not release this to the public. I will probably add a direct Wifi transfer some times later.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
byroninatlanta
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by byroninatlanta »

Harry...I am having problems similar to this. I uploaded all of the videos from both the Master and the MultiCam iPhones to iCloud, 6 total. I cannot find a monitor to see the upload status, so I have had to track the progress using the iCloud app on Windows. It took a long time, two days perhaps for everything to finally show up. I can see that all of the videos I uploaded to the cloud are now there, but the videos from the Master still reside both locally and on the cloud, meaning I have very little free space on my main phone. Now, I cannot get the MultiCam videos to download to the Master. They show as "Offline" and will not download. So, I have yet to create a picture in picture video.

Another issue is that I am now getting notifications from my Cellular Provider that I am about to exceed my data usage. In checking my usage I can see that it all occurred on the two days that I was at the track! I had both "Use iCloud" and "Auto Receive Videos" in the On position. I did upload two small videos on those two days (1 lap each) but the usage report shows dozens of 100,000KB transfers during the two days. I thought that the iCloud transfers would only occur when connected via wifi? What are all of these transfers that ate up almost 2GB?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Not sure why you load all videos to iCloud instead of the MultiCam videos only?

To "transfer" a video to iCloud (instead of creating a copy), select the video in Video List and press "Unload". This will make sure the local copy is purged.

Finally, the iCloud operation makes no sense for video as long as you are not in a wifi. It simply takes too long and will use up cellular contingents fast.

That's the reason the switch Use Cellular Data is OFF by default in the iCloud / Data & Documents setting (check the iOS Settings app please). Please turn this back to OFF as you obviously changed this at some time.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image