MultiCam problem with iCloud

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Srcypher
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: MultiCam problem with iCloud

Post by Srcypher »

What's the longest it would typically take to download to HLT? I have several videos that upload, show in iCloud, but haven't downloaded to my ipad HLT after a few hours. It has a red exclamation point. I've even gone in to manually download. As far as I can tell, I have iCloud on, auto download, etc... What else should I look for?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Please check in Video List if your iCloud section (LapTimer) shows up as disabled. In case it is, and you run LapTimer GP upgraded from Petrolhead, this is a known issue I still have no solution for. In this case, pleas search the forum here using iCloud and workaround for a recent thread on a workaround.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Srcypher
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Srcypher »

All was on. I have a true GP (was trainer version prior). After 4 hours one downloaded, and after 24 it all was in GP. Is that normal iCloud behavior?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

So far I have seen 2 digit minute numbers until download started. Once it started, transfer times have been o.k. Time certainly depends heavily on the bandwidth available, maybe you have some more details here? How long have the videos been and at what resolution did you record them? Finally, transfer starts earliest when in a wifi, cellular data should be disabled for iCloud operation.

I plan to add wifi peer to peer transfer in a future version. Not so much because of the transfer times, but because this allows control of the point in time it happens.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Srcypher
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Srcypher »

Less than 4 minutes in length at 720-60 fps. Not large. Wifi only. Cellular iff. It immediately says upload started and local, and they appeared in iCloud somewhat timely. It was getting them down to the ipad that took a long time.
westy666
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by westy666 »

Harry any update on the fix ?

Running 17.06 on Iphone 4s and Ipad2. Both upgraded from petrolhead to GP. 4s Running the multicam. Latest version of iOS on both devices.

Vid gets from iPhone 4s to cloud fine and I can see the vid when I look on the iPad in Settings, iCloud, Storage & Backup, Manage Storage. So iPad is working with iCloud ok.

If I go to vid list on iPad just shows iCloud is disabled currently.

Thanks
Steve
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Steve,

No positive update here. It seems to be about some strange team ID configuration on AppStore, but I'm not really further. My plans are to switch to direct wifi transfer in the next release to get a faster and better control-able setup. Till then, the workarounds with Dropbox etc. are the best approach to work around.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Harry
Image Image Image Image
westy666
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by westy666 »

No problem Harry. I know you're doing all you can.

It's not a major inconvenience, at least not for me, it's just a really cool feature :-)
paulthai
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by paulthai »

Hi,

I've tried different ways to copy the multicam video to the master harry's laptimer. I tried copying the video to the Camera Roll, copy it in Windows Explorer to the computer, then sync with iTunes the video to the master harry's laptimer. It looked like something did not convert right. The video did not contain any of the lap time information so I could not overlay this with the master video.
How can I fix this?
How can I move the video from the Camera Roll back to the iCloud in the Multicam app?

Thanks,
Paul
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Is the MultiCam video one recorded with a GoPro or with another iPhone?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image